Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
alright guys, some of you may know more then me, I recently (well okay last week) decided I was going to get an xbox 360, I currently have about 500 in my paypal account that I will be putting towards one, I cant find anywhere in town where they are doing pre-orders, whats my chances of going to best buy or wal mart night before and camp/or day of and getting one? will they have some at those places if I show up at 6 in the morning?? please someone help me I have the money its just a matter of what to do!!!

depends what city you are in. there have been rumors that the initial launch quanities would be low. then there was a story today that said there would be 3 million available in the first three or four months.

when the xbox came out, i went to a 24 hour kmart at 4pm and was first in line. i was in chicago at the time.

i would try to get friendly with some workers at bb cc walmart, to try to get a heads up on how many units they will have.

I am a reward zone member! you wouldnt want to give up that link would you???? to me!>! that would be soooo great!@ if you could pm me that link if you dont want it!! I would love you forever- I mean I uhhh- would owe you one :)

yeah I had to edit it, I got too excited, I think I have spent 4 hours straight on the phone trying to get ahold of one, maybe someone should also delete this thread so she dosent get bombarded with requests and I will continue this via pm, or just go back to the first three posts

Ok let me forewarn you. The link is not active until tomorrow at 10 am CT. I have no idea of the price or anything but you sound like you dont care too much. lol
My son had one on hold way back when at EB Games. He changed his mind and decided to wait.

I got that email days ago, link isn't working yet, soon as it is I'll post it, it's not a secret or anything.

As for the original question, BB at midnight is your best bet, but after that, 6am at Kmart should get you one. most people will want to hit walmart first. Most people will want to hit BB and circuit city and EB/Gamestop. When xbox first came out, I went to kmart at 3am and they had 5 or 6 just sitting there...Getting someone to open the cabinet for me was more of a hassle than anything else, plus they insist on carrying it to the register at that time of night for obvious reasons...or maybe I just look like a criminal, i dunno...

If I decide to get one at launch (not sure anymore), kmart will be my first stop...

Purogamer said:
I got that email days ago, link isn't working yet, soon as it is I'll post it, it's not a secret or anything.

As for the original question, BB at midnight is your best bet, but after that, 6am at Kmart should get you one. most people will want to hit walmart first. Most people will want to hit BB and circuit city and EB/Gamestop. When xbox first came out, I went to kmart at 3am and they had 5 or 6 just sitting there...Getting someone to open the cabinet for me was more of a hassle than anything else, plus they insist on carrying it to the register at that time of night for obvious reasons...or maybe I just look like a criminal, i dunno...

If I decide to get one at launch (not sure anymore), kmart will be my first stop...

thats what I was thinking, we own a subway in a walmart, so I was thinking about hanging around my subway doing "work" until midnight and then running over there and seeing, that is if I cant get one reserved off of best buys site-also the guy at Best Buy told me today they were doing this, Crossing fingers now!

Best Buy will have a large shipment. K-mart is alway deserted around here so they should have some. Also don't forget about Target & Circuit City.

I would skip Wal-Mart because of the crowds. I would also skip EB Games & Game Stop because their entire first two shipments are all pre-orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts