Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
It has gotten to the point that any time I watch History or Bio and I see this commercial I will turn the receiver off an go do something else.

Its an animal rescue organization or something along those lines. Its starts off with a dog named Tilley and then click off goes the receiver.

It's the same way with the WorldVision ads, they choose the most heart crunching stories, photos and videos, so people can give money.

They know 'good hearted' people will feel compeled to help, I hate them when they use "emotional blackmail".

Back in the 1980's me and my sisters would wake up at 4am to watch cartoons on what is now Univisión (SIN back then, the only channel was an East feed, which explains the hour =p), and after a couple of hours they would air a 30min or a 1hr WorldVision add, no doubt after watching it, they would get very depressed because the kids were very very poor, and the guys from the show would be on the streets of poor countries, giving away pieces of bread to starving kids who would quickly devour it; it was more an opportunity for them to showoff than to show how they were helping.

Not so many years ago in México, an association pro-adoption of pets (from the local dog pounds), aired on the morning shows videos of how the poor dogs were killed, so people would feel compeled to go and adopt the pets. It was shocking because they would show you for a couple of minutes a cute dog in a cage, cut to another video and it was being executed 'pain-free' with a big shock of electricity, very disturbing.

It has gotten to the point that any time I watch History or Bio and I see this commercial I will turn the receiver off an go do something else.

That's what a DVR is for (or watching the full episode from the programmer's website if it's a show they have rights to stream). :D

IKKI,
I'm with you. I love animals too, but I love people more, and in the politically correct atomosphere we live in today, we have things exactly backwards - today animals seem to have more rights than people. Under our "justice" system, some people have spent more time in jail for killing a marine mammal than some do for killing people. Our priorities are 180 degrees out of phase. You can watch a movie where several people are murdered and yet at the end of the movie you will see the message; "No animals were harmed during the filming of this movie", designed to make the PC Hollywood crowd feel good about themselves, and show the rest of the world what "models of compassion" they are [re: adopting foreign children while American children get shuffled from home-to-home or institution]. You can watch a Saint Jude commercial where they ask $19 a month to try to save the lives of children who have cancer and whose parents can't afford the cost of treatment. Then you can watch the SPCA ad that asks for $19 a month to save animals. The utter hypocisy of political-correctness! Guess where my $19 is going to go. Not saying animals should be treated cruelly, I'm saying if someone is sick enough to mistreat animals, he should go to jail [Michael Vick or whatever his name was]. $19 a month would be better spent understanding why people do cruel things to each other [and animals] and showing them how to stop. ---End rant---
ss

Its an animal rescue organization or something along those lines. Its starts off with a dog named Tilley and then click off goes the receiver.

Yeah. I've seen that ad on other channels and it's really annoying even though it's sad that people mistreat their pets. But, I turn off the TV or go get something to eat. You can watch it so many times and the commercial is very long.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)