AM21 OTA Module, Diplexers, and DECA and MRV ? ? ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

treiher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Is it possible all this can work together? Just got installed with the whole house DVR set up and the DECA connection to the internet. One thing I had with Dish that I kind of miss was OTA reception using an antenna in the attic and then I used diplexers to backfeed the antenna signal down the main cable to the receiver so I didn't have to run extra cable to an antenna.

I'm wondering if I can do that now or if the diplexers could interfere with MRV and the DECA setup. My hunch is that it would be too much mixed together in the coax and I don't know if the internet and mult-room frequencies operate in the same badwidth as the OTA signal would. If they did, it would certainly not work. I'm just curoius if anyone here knows.

I'm new to Directv but I know that diplexers don't work with DECA installations because like you said, OTA operates in the same bandwith as DECA.

Yep, that's what I'm going to do. Another independent line. Thanks for the feedback though. It's nice to know it's necessary before going to the trouble!

Two good reasons to use a separate line.
1) No signal loss due to insertion loss or splitters.
2) The AM21 can share the recordings to other TVs via MRV and thus only the AM21 needs to be connected. (Unless you plan to feed a TV with an ATSC tuner)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts