Amazon Fire Stick question

Yeah, at the hotel, I could have run WinMTR to see where any packet loss, et al may have occurred along the route

Be hard pressed to think this speed would be an issue, but I suppose anything is possible

6870161352.png

Be hard pressed to think this speed would be an issue, but I suppose anything is possible

6870161352.png

Only 205Mb/sec upload? Barely enough for HD.

I would make fun of the fact that you don’t have a symmetrical connection, but I can’t since I only have a 60/5 connection.

Reactions: HipKat
Speed tests only tell us how fast the connection to that specific server was at that specific time. They do not tell us the status of the millions of other pathways through the Internet that can be used to get from point A to point B. I've seen numerous times when a connection that tested well with an Ookla server performed terribly with another site. Most of the time, rebooting the hotspot to get a different IP also resulted in a change in performance, usually for the better.

Doesn’t really matter much. The end point site will only feed you so fast, regardless of how fast you can take it. If they only want to feed 25Mbs, that’s all you’re gonna get.

But if you have several simultaneous connections....

Reactions: HipKat
Speed tests only tell us how fast the connection to that specific server was at that specific time. They do not tell us the status of the millions of other pathways through the Internet that can be used to get from point A to point B. I've seen numerous times when a connection that tested well with an Ookla server performed terribly with another site. Most of the time, rebooting the hotspot to get a different IP also resulted in a change in performance, usually for the better.
Exactly, which is why I wish I would have run WinMTR when I was at the hotel

Reactions: NYDutch
A tech from Dish actually replied to me yesterday, apologizing for taking so long. Unfortunately he can't reproduce my problem and asked me to deinstall/reinstall the Dish Anywhere app (which i haven't done yet), and install it on my phone or table to make sure my adapter is working. I emailed him that my Windows laptop shows it working, so does anybody think the phone install (which I can't do due to the age of my phone) will not work if the Windows version does?

Boy oh boy it took me forever to find this post. :(

I wanted to update everybody on the operation of the DishAnywhere app on the Fire TV Stick. Recall that this has been working fine with Hoppers, but I could only see VOD shows on my Fire TV Stick, and neither live TV nor recorded programs off my 722 w/Sling Adapter. I left the Fire TV Stick unplugged for a month, during which time Dish engineering fixed it! Now I can view live TV, or recorded programs, and something those with Hoppers cannot do, which is play recorded programs off my EHD. :D

Boy oh boy it took me forever to find this post. :(

I wanted to update everybody on the operation of the DishAnywhere app on the Fire TV Stick. Recall that this has been working fine with Hoppers, but I could only see VOD shows on my Fire TV Stick, and neither live TV nor recorded programs off my 722 w/Sling Adapter. I left the Fire TV Stick unplugged for a month, during which time Dish engineering fixed it! Now I can view live TV, or recorded programs, and something those with Hoppers cannot do, which is play recorded programs off my EHD. :D
Do you know when they fixed it? If there was new software for the ViP722k last week, then that might have been what temporarily broke the DVR functionality on my ViP722k completely. I posted about it in another thread.

Do you know when they fixed it?

No, I'm sorry but I do not since I had the Fire TV Stick unplugged for about a month. But note that I have a 722 not 722k, and also that I have not experienced any interruption in recording capabilities.

Reactions: pattykay
It’s actually been available on there since before Christmas. Not sure why they waited until now to announce it.

It was Amazon’s fix for google blocking YouTube from the FireTV. They made both Firefox and the Silk browser available which conveniently have shortcuts to YouTube’s TV site.

I didn’t know it was available before they announced it though.

It was Amazon’s fix for google blocking YouTube from the FireTV. They made both Firefox and the Silk browser available which conveniently have shortcuts to YouTube’s TV site.

I didn’t know it was available before they announced it though.

Yeah that’s how I found out about it. My daughter needed a work-around for Youtube and she discovered that Firefox was available.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts