Amazon Fire TV Stick stuck in endless loop

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HighlanderCFH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2014
Northwest Indiana
Sorry if this question has come up before. One of my Fire TV sticks started acting up after I switched all my TV equipment over from power strips to a couple new UPS units. Since then, the Fire TV stick will not boot up. It goes into an endless loop with a screen saying, "Optimizing system storage and applications."

Takes about 10 minutes for this, but after a few moments it goes back into the same optimizing progress bar. It does this over & over. I've tried switching charging boxes (using the original HDMI power plug into the UPS), but the problem persists.

I've tried the "back button + right button next to round enter button, also tried holding the home key, etc. But nothing seems to work.

Does this mean the stick is fried or is there something else I can try to get it to work again?

Thanks,
Chuck

Let me start by saying I have no experience with the Amazon Fire TV products. That said, I found this suggested technique for interrupting the Fire TV box and bringing up a way to reset to Factory. Make sure to read the comments since there are some tidbits of information posted by users that have gone through this process.

It looks like a lot of these users had rooted their Fire TV devices and part of that process is modifying the home router to block Amazon address space from access to prevent the Fire devices from being restored/upgraded with locked bootloaders. That’s mentioned in the comments as a problem that might prevent the Fire TV device from booting successfully.

Good luck! I guess if it doesn’t work, at least a new Fire Stick is cheaper than the Fire devices were when they first came out!

I had a similar issue with my Nvidia Shield and found that I had plugged both ends of an Ethernet cable into my HP 24-port switch. The Nvidia as well as my TV kept rebooting. After fixing the problem, all devices worked fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts