AMC 15 105w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Try searching in forums, I believe that you can subscribe to these pay channels through a middleman, same as some people in U.S. subcribing to BEV with a Canadian address or middleman.

other than that,nothing on this sat is free.

Newfoundland, canada

is there anyone on the board from here with me, what ku sats due u seam to be getting from here?? i want amc 15, 105w but not sure if it is possible from here?? anyone know??

the only thing on 105 is a few locals and thats it (for Dish Network). Only channel in the clear is the "you have a superdish at 105" screen

Depends on what you mean by "get it." If you're asking "can I receive the satellite's signal" then YES! If you can get a lock on a transponder then you can receive the signals. If you're asking "can I subscribe to the service so that I can watch the programming off of the signal that I'm receiveing" then that's another story. My guess is no, but their are middleman programming dealers that can help you with that.

just wanted to know if i can get a singal in my area newfoundland, canada.. please thats is all i need to know..

Tried finding this Dish promo screen you've been speaking of at 11840/V/26000, but I can't seem to pick it up. When I do a scan on that transponder, I get a whole bunch of scrambled OTA channels, which I know I can't receive. Do I need to manually enter the 6434/6435 (VPID/APID) to view the promo screen?

Hey Ice, on my Coolsat, if I set it to free (on any sat, not just AMC 15) will I get all the unencypted channels or will it miss some? I've been paranoid about that and just do a full Blind Scan but I am getting tired of sorting through the "junk" all the time. What's it been like in your experience?

johnny_baker said:
is there anyone on the board from here with me, what ku sats due u seam to be getting from here?? i want amc 15, 105w but not sure if it is possible from here?? anyone know??

Yes, I live in Newfoundland and can easily get AMC 15 BUT there is no FTA on that bird. I can see as far West as 119 and get some music and NASA and as far East as Atlantic Bird 1,2 &3 with some news feeds, I can see the European sats but they are not beamed this way so they are of no use to us.

Hope this helps.:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)