AMC-15 Launch Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rocatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2003
October 14th is the new scheduled date for the launch of AMC-15. See the link below. AMC-15 will be replacing the current satellite (AMC-2) at 105 W and will have 33% more capacity and higher power than the current satellite at 105 W. Notice that the launch time is 5:23 P.M. EST so I wonder if Dish will carry the launch live on channel 101.

http://spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

Can't wait. I lost 105 in May, just don't feel like going through "installer roulette" to get the dish moved. Hopefully more power and fewer leaves in Oct will give me locals back.

Eventually, though, when that tree gets a bit bigger and I lose 110 and 119, I'll have to take some action ....

That's what I'd love to know.
'twould be cool to watch the "point dish" signal meter when the switch is thrown :)

TuxCoder said:
That's what I'd love to know.
'twould be cool to watch the "point dish" signal meter when the switch is thrown :)
Me three! I had to unconnect and drain the voltage out of my DP34 just to get the signal back on 105! It went into digital lock from losing signal! :mad:

Mickdog said:
Me three! I had to unconnect and drain the voltage out of my DP34 just to get the signal back on 105! It went into digital lock from losing signal! :mad:
:D Was it brown or blue voltage? And was there gunk in the bottom?

Actually, it's possible that a reboot of the DP34 by removing power did actually help, but your colorful way of expressing it doesn't make you look good - try using a ;) when you're presenting something this way.

SimpleSimon said:
:D Was it brown or blue voltage? And was there gunk in the bottom?

Actually, it's possible that a reboot of the DP34 by removing power did actually help, but your colorful way of expressing it doesn't make you look good - try using a ;) when you're presenting something this way.
Yo, Mike, take a bite of my Pike! Get some Ray Charles glasses if you do not like looking at my posts!!!! :shocked :smug :eek: :D

Ok, Simple, since we are burying the htchet on DBSTalk, lets bury it here. We are doing nothing for anyone except ourselves. Agree?

Agreed - let's just keep the posts quiet and civil. You've been going up against a group of folks with a combined 30-40 years of experience. They might be right occasionally. ;)

Mickdog said:
Ok, Simple, since we are burying the htchet on DBSTalk, lets bury it here. We are doing nothing for anyone except ourselves. Agree?
Okey Dokie...see that wasn't that hard guys...but let's see if the other 3 see it in this light or not.:cool:

cableman2 said:
simple simon is just a simple ass..period!
How about 'comma, except when he's providing constructive help, based on his knowledge and experience, to newbies, period!'

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)