AMC 21 on a Superdish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Writerguy

Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Texas
I recently switched from cable to an OTA setup for locals, but I've been reading about AMC 21 and would love to get Sprout back for the kids, and more channels are always good. I don't want to buy a new dish, but I have an old Superdish with the bracket and LNBs still intact. Does anyone know if I swap the 121 for the correct LNB, is the Superdish large enough to pull in AMC 21? All the posts I've read say 30" or larger, but does oblong count? I'd rather have some idea before I invest in a receiver since that's the only satellite I'm interested in. Thanks for any advice/input.

Sprout is not avail on AMC21, that I know of. There's a bunch of PBS channels, Create, Montana PBS, and more but I've never seen Sprout on there. Unless it's on early in the mornings, I think that one was only avail by subscription(and prob requires a c-band, big dish, to receive).

Under the shroud, there are two LNBs bolted to some plumbing.
One is marked "FSS".
It's on the dog-leg branch, and hooked to the taller oval feedhorn.
It is already exactly what you need, and it's at the proper focal point of the dish.

LO is 10750, as would be proper.

Cadsulfide has a whole fleet of SuperDishes deployed in his back yard.
He'd be best to offer an opinion of which birds are well received by one.

edit: here's more reading on the subject.

Mike is right about Sprout having gone away...The stock lnb assembly will work ok, I modified mine to use those little readhead lnb's...seem to work better than the stock FSS. I was getting adjacent signal interference between 123 & 125 with my modified superdishes and went to 1.2m p*'s for those birds. I still have SD's pointed to 129, 101, & 97 with no trouble.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts