amc 3 retro tv mux

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Hey guys enjoying my new setup have some more questions.I know some of the stuff I'm just not gonna get with my 6 footer but for the life of me I can't get the retro TV mux to come in on amc 3. I get almost everything on every sat but like the real hard to get cbs and abc and nbc hd stuff.it goes to about 10% quality but never locks. Normal stuff hits round 8 then locks with round 70 75 quality. Think I'm not setup right or is it not possible

you are lucky to see any dvb-s2 signal with a 6footer... unless you have an ortho feed.

I had my old 6 footer tweaked out, and it was pushin 12-15% on the strong dvb-s2 signals with a cband lnbf.

an 8 footer will get alot of dvb-s2... but a 10 footer is the way to go :)

I've got an 8 footer and the Retro stuff is hard for me to get with it. If the weather is perfect and the lnb is dead on I get it now and then. I get the other stuff on AMC3 just fine though....Blind

If I'm not mistaken, I get that mux on my 7.5 ft SAMI with a DMX-741S and an AZBox? Will double check to make sure.

Last edited:
I get the RTV mux on my 7.5 ft SAMI. Last fall I had to take the wrenches to the dish and get it completely tweaked and focused for the channels to come in. I ended up loosening up the 3 panels and pulling on them until I had the signal focused perfectly on the LNB. I really don't know if a 6 footer will be big enough. It took a lot of effort for me to get them on a 7.5 ft dish.

Yup, just checked and I got'em with my 7.5 ft SAMI. I guess I must have done a good job aligning that thing as I don't remember having that much of a problem with those channels.

On another note though, H2 gives me fits trying to lock Kus on that SAMI. Funny though, I tried to lock one the other day and it wouldn't come in even with east and west bumps. So I went back to that original position and about that time the phone rang. Was sitting here looking at the screen with zero Q while talking on the phone and about 2 minutes into that conversation Q came up as 55%??? And I hadn't touched it?? WTF?? Just wondering why the AZ tuner was THAT slow locking?

I havent had any problem getting RTV on 4080 AMC3 with my azbox ultra or solomend recievers 70+ sig on the AZ.Its was alittle tricky for me to get it the first time with my 6 footer but after getting the dish tweaked my vbox has had no problem finding it anytime i watch it.Now! 3080 is a different story! some others have gotten it with a 6 footer but i have never had any luck finding that tp.

Stanely what brand of 6 footer. Maybe yours is a higher quality dish. Here is what I'm thinking. I've never reallly tuned it up that much and I haven't made it too 137 west yet due to the fact I don't have my actuactor extended right yet. I get as far as 113 and 55 west but I'm gonna drag the old set out on a warm day and try to tweak it. The other day I happened to be on 97 I think but it had a real high quality cband feed of the view on. I looked at mike kohls c band list on his site and it said it was hd with a fec 9/10 but I'm thinking it must have had fec of 5/6. Anyway it was the best hd I have every seen shame all it was a feed of the talk on cbs. Anyway the retro mux goes to round 10% quality so it sees signal just can't lock it. What would you adjust first?

I bought my c dish late last spring from sadoun.The lnb i have is a dmx 741 which has been serving me well since i got it with the dish.It did take me awhile (weeks infact) to get to aligned just right to work well with both c and ku.Since the RTV signal on AMC3 is in dvb-s2 it can be alittle bit of a pain to get it in with a 6 footer but it can be done.For me it was my dish elevation that was slightly off that caused me not to get RTV when i first started out.What i would do is aim the dish to AMC3 then set your tp 4080h29125 then while at your dish monitor the tv screen an slightly lift the bottom of your dish or push back the bottom and see is you notice any difference in the Q Sig.Its only a slight change in elevation or a slight move e or w to get a good s2 signal.If you haven't been getting any s2 signals then i would think your dish is slightly off alignment.I dont get all the s2 signals that are on the c and ku bands but i do get a large percentage of them.Take your time!like i said before it took me weeks to get it right.Heres a pic of my RTV signal on my solomend.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 244
So my elevation is off not my declination. Ok I learn more everyday from you guys. I don't know if I've got any s2 or not. Whats a good s2 signal you have gotten besides rtv mux

Here are two other s2 tps you can check out that are freely listed in LyngSat and i receive with a real good signal.
G17 91w-Reelz (HD english movies) 3891v13204
AMC6 72w-cw (3 channels) 3937v2825
Before doing any adjustments to your dish i would first see if you can pick up any of these s2 channels.There are more s2 signals but some i cant mention here because they are feeds and others you you cant get because of your limited arc range so far.There are also some ku s2 channels but i think the ones i get are beyond 113w.

I get reelz. And I think those on 72 west. Hmm wonder why not the retro mux then

It does seem like your dish is aligned pretty close!.The best way now to see how good its aligned to the arc is to go father west and see how it works out or maybe you have line of site problems that prevents you from going father west.Dont worry about rtv on amc just yet!PS if you can go down to 30w checkout Hispasat!its ku with many channels on it!if you can get that then at least you will have a good idea that the arc works ok the east side.A word of caution!!! depending on which side of the dish your actuator is on if you extend the actuator piston too much your dish may not be able to handle it and could possibly be damaged.

Last edited:
I hate to revive a old thread but still having some trouble with rtv mux. I have been able to get slot of the CBS hd feeds on g19. Got the s2 movie channel( not gonna mention the name) on 103west. I even manage to get the NBC mux at 105 west. Though not the best quality. The rtv mux at 87 and 137 west seem to slip me by.the are the ones I want me than anything and there driving me crazy.I seem to have my lnbf set right. Got any ideas guys . Think my lnbf is slighty off zero. I tried the pull up,pull down method didn't see a change.what could it be

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I have the S2 on 105 stronger than 4080 on 87. And 3800 is weaker yet. I have the best results by tweaking on weaker transponders. The Openbox meter, I don't particularly like. Goes into the 70's too easily, then takes a LOT to get another point or two. This appears really bad on S2 TP's. So I'd look for a DVB-S TP that's showing around 40 or 60 to adjust the feed. Take your time, and make small adjustments. One at a time, otherwise you don't know "what did what" for sure. I wouldn't aim "off" to the side of a strong TP to make it appear in the 40 to 60 range, as that adds another variable that's uncontrolled. Aim dead center, on a weaker TP.
>>Think my lnbf is slighty off zero<< On a polar mount, it should be at zero. Check down the throat, the probes should be straight into the center of the throat and 90 degrees apart.

I have been having some recent problems with RTV on 4080 AMC3.I have a strong signal on this channel!even stronger than This TV and Metv but at times lately it breaks up while other times its solid as a rock.Im wondering if on the uplink side and the power strength has been alittle lower than usual.
Updated!! funny that you both get the NBC mux on 105 and i havent found any sign of that one yet and RTV for me on AMC3 pretty strong most of the time.Sometimes things just dont seem to make sence!but i still love this hobby.:)

Last edited:
I found 105 just by playing around one day.what would be a good weak transponder for me to tweak on

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)