AMC 4 - Circular or Linear LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

emceesilent

Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
I've read a bunch of threads that have me confused. DO i need a Circular or a Linear LNB to catch this sat.

I have the following:

KU Band Circular Twin LNB
Lo: 10.75 GHZ
Input - 11.70 - 12.75 GHZ
N.F. 0.3dB(typ)

maybe i'm using the wrong LNB altogether..thats why i've been unable to get a signal?

I've read a bunch of threads that have me confused. DO i need a Circular or a Linear LNB to catch this sat.

I have the following:

KU Band Circular Twin LNB
Lo: 10.75 GHZ
Input - 11.70 - 12.75 GHZ
N.F. 0.3dB(typ)

maybe i'm using the wrong LNB altogether..thats why i've been unable to get a signal?

You'll need a linear LNB, not circular.

Strange though, I've never seen a circular with a L.O. of 10750.... could it be a typo in the OP's post? Usually, a circular will have a L.O. of 11250...

It's a wideband lnb for 118.7/119.0w in order to recieve both lo and hi band circular ku. Since all channels on 118.7 are scrambled, you know who they are for.

It's a wideband lnb for 118.7/119.0w in order to recieve both lo and hi band circular ku. Since all channels on 118.7 are scrambled, you know who they are for.

I've got one of those off Ebay for $5 a while back as I want to be able to pick up NASA on 119. When I went to install it yesterday, it had to be entered as a universal in order for it to work. I managed to pick up the free preview stuff on 110 with it as a universal, but when I changed it to a circular it didn't work.

there are now three common models of circular lnb's

11250 lof/h (this is obv the most common lof)
10750 lof/h
10600 lof/h (these are a universal lnb and require 22khz to get the 10600 high band)

digiwave has started making a universal 9750/10600 circular/linear lnb to compete against the invacom qph-031. I have a friend with one and he seems happy with it, I havent hooked my it upto my spectrum to see what the noise floor looks like, and he wont lend it to me to swap out my invacom for a comparison, lol.

The new LNB will work for the Ku band.

This is for the reception of FTA satellites on KU Band and C Band.

The specifications say: 11.7~12.2 GHz and since it looks like a Ku band LNB I am going to guess the C-Band part is a mistake.

Status
Please reply by conversation.