AMC 4 Setup - Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
I'm located in Toronto..

I have a Pansat 2300A and a 30" dish. I'm trying to connect to AMC4 , I got a Level of 99 but I can't seem to get a quality read... Does anyone have this running , i'm trying to catch RTPi.

If anyone can help that has this running please respond ... if i could get a amc4 channel list that works for someone that would be great too.. :no

In Toronto you are looking at the below coordinates to find AMC4

Elevation=35.4 deg.
Azimuth= 210 deg.
Skew=21 deg. (don't worry about this for now)
Distance to satellite= 38180km

Aim for a channel that you know is on air like
KTEL TV
11704 Freq. /V/ 2170 symbol rate.

Or RTPI

12169 / H / 3003

http://www.lyngsat.com/amc4.html

I'm probably wrong, but if you have 99% signal level it sounds like you're either using the wrong LNB or the wrong local oscillator frequency.
What LNB are you using?

Ktel should be easy to find, I find it even when I am trying to miss it! : )

Yep! Cascades right! It sounds like its been set for a universal LNBF instead of a standard LNBF! Should work now, good luck!

Tried Again

I tried again guys .. still no luck , Guess I will try tomorrow it's getting dark...

Thanks

If all else fails try a blind/smart scan and see what you get! Its a standard LNBF you have so leave that part set at 10750

More Settings From Pansat...

Here are the settings I have for AMC4 on my receiver...

LNB TYPE- STANDARD
LNB Freq - 10750
22KhZ - off
DisEqC- OFF
Skew - 0
TP - 12120v30.000
Positioner Setting - Disabled
Sat Scan - All

Does this seem to look good??

Looks good ,still getting signal but no quality? Try moving the dish 1/8th of an inch, and check for quality or do a blind scan.

Well I'll have to try again tomorrow...but this may sound dumb , but whats a blind scan?

Thanks...

smart scan? Its a scan function that some receivers have and it scans the whole satellite for live channels, it takes a lot of work out of it, your receiver will have some kind of scan function try that.

Pansat 2300A,,, I know how to scan those TP.. Was not sure if a blind scan had a trick to it.

The smart/blind scan finds lots more channels than a transponder scan! Save a lot of time too.

Just looked up on the net to see if my receiver can do a blind search... and of course it can't..

You can still get every channel a blind search receiver can get! Dont give up it will be something easy! Just keep pointing and scanning and you will get something.

I thought the 2300 had scan on it. Hmm...

KTEL would be the channel to lock onto. It is the highest signal on AMC-4. Blows all the other ones off the scale.

Freq: 11700
SR: 2.170

I just took a few screenshots off of my 2500A. But it sounds like PSB is right. You may need to adjust your pointing some more.

Check your menu for 'Smart Search'

MENU-INSTALLATION-SMART SEARCH (See search.jpg)

I included a picture of the antenna screen too. (antenna,jpg)

And the signal info for KTEL: (ktel.jpg)

Hope you get it working!

Attachments

• antenna.jpg
    antenna.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 468
  • ktel.jpg
    ktel.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 400
  • search.jpg
    search.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 344
slimmswitch said:
Here are the settings I have for AMC4 on my receiver...

LNB TYPE- STANDARD
LNB Freq - 10750
22KhZ - off
DisEqC- OFF
Skew - 0
TP - 12120v30.000
Positioner Setting - Disabled
Sat Scan - All

Does this seem to look good??

The TP you have above is a data cahannel. There would be no quality

Need a different TP :)

tried again with other tp and same result.. I guess i'll try on the weekend... before I toss this dish.. :mad:

AMC and Intelsat Americas 5

I still have not got my 30" setup yet... But i just wanted to know if after I got amc4 setup would I be able to catch Intelsat Americas 5 at 97.0°W with out having to move the dish?

Thanks

Slimmswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts