AMC 7 Question re Tp 3760.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Guys I can pickup AMC 7 - 137.0W on Tp 3760 25190 H 3/4 with a great Quality of up to 77, but NOTHING is scanning in. Alasks feeds?? Is this because of my Northern Winnipeg, Canada Latitude 49.92 & Longitude -97.05 Location, or is it some kind of a Mux feed that I need a special kind of FTA Receiver for? Also just what is a Mux Receiver and what is available on it?

You are on the "Anchorage" MUX (scrambled) on AMC 7 @ 137 west
The Alaska MUX is on AMC 8 @ 139 west

See lyngsat.com/amc8.html

you should get 2 channels on the 3760 mux

Program7
360 North (AC-3 audio)

the Anchorage channels are scrambled and do not log on a scan (if they are already in the box then thats a different story but they're still scrambled). I get them just fine in Minneapolis and do watch 360North alot

The AMC8 stuff is on spotbeam to AK, BC, WA and Northern OR so there's no way he'd get that in Winnipeg

From my experience with the Satworks 3618, 3688 and the Traxis 3500, if you manually enter the FR, SR and the PIDs the Anchorage channels will come in, but they will be scrambled. I have them stored on the Traxis so I can check them on a regular basis because every now and then they are clear..

Thanks guys. So I guess what you are saying is that from my location - Winnipeg I simply cannot pick up Tp 3760 on 137.0W, (even though it is showing a high Quality Signal of 77 on my Receiver), and if I could it would be scrambled?? What is a Mux feed and do I need a special Sat Receiver to get Mux Feeds or subscribe to them? And Lak7 yes I see Nothing on 139.0W.

Are you scanning with the "Free TV" only option? If so, that may be the issue. I had to scan with the "All" Channels, they all show "$" but you can view 2 of them. I just deleted the ones I couldn't view.

Mux = Multiplex, multiple channels combined on a single Freq / Scan Rate.

Are you scanning with the "Free TV" only option? If so, that may be the issue. I had to scan with the "All" Channels, they all show "$" but you can view 2 of them. I just deleted the ones I couldn't view.

Mux = Multiplex, multiple channels combined on a single Freq / Scan Rate.

Thanks Iceberg, strange that I have 77% Quality but no channels scanned in on 137.0W?? Could be the Receiver as I have had to reset the Power Switch on the Back a couple of times. Seems this Receiver has problems at times when the number of channels scanned in gets close to 1000 and I'm over that with duplicates, ie G 25 alone was close to 300 channels with duplicates, and Anik F1R (107.3) was over 150, with only a couple of viewable channels. Time to do some editing!

Lak7, thanks for the info. There is only 2 scan choices on my Viewsat Extreme - Full Scan which is really fast, or Blind Scan (much slower) which can be set for as low as 5 Hz per frequency scanned. There is no "Free TV Option" that I know of, - just the 2 scan modes, - if the channel is scrambled it comes up as $ as you mentioned. The Satellites to Scan in are chosen from a Satellite List which is out of date, but at least now I know how to Add new Sats & Tp's to the list. There is also a manual scan available on any Tp. Also do you know if those Mux Channels can be scanned in given the proper Sat Receiver being purchased, or a subscription??

no those cannot be subscribed to. They are for the cable company there. Most of the state is served by GCI cable and other than Fairbanks or Juneau all the other areas get Anchorage as networks on cable

When you scan, are you getting any channels with the "$"?

Fast Scan - scans only the existing Transponders in the Sat list, has options for FTA, Scrambled, and All

Blind Scan - scans all Freqs., no option for Scrambled / FTA channels

Lak7 fast scan is just too fast to pick up channels on C and ku Band on my Receiver, when I use it, it goes thru too fast and I miss channels, so that is why I Blind Scan. Not sure where the Options for Fast Scan are, guess I'll check the manual again.

Also when I Blind Scan, everything I scan in on V is repeated again on H Polarity, so I get duplicate Channels which have to be deleted, is there a way around this?

no those cannot be subscribed to. They are for the cable company there. Most of the state is served by GCI cable and other than Fairbanks or Juneau all the other areas get Anchorage as networks on cable

Thanks Iceberg, so then when you and others say there is a Mux Channel on a Satellite how do you know it's a Mux Channel? Are those the channels with audio and a scrambled or twisted picture?? I always thought these were HD Channels. (I don't have a HD TV yet).

Tried for AMC 7 / 137.0W again tonight got a high Quality of 77 on Tp 3760 but no channels came in, tried to manual scan it several times but again no video channels came in? Went over to 139.0W / AMC 8 and scanned in 2 Radio channels but NO Video channels. Strange stuff!!

Rained hard here tonight so it was really overcast & cloudy. Lost my Bell Dish reception for an hour during the CFL football game on TSN. The 12 footer was still working on G 25 on Ku Band during the Rain but reception quality was reduced.

"Also when I Blind Scan, everything I scan in on V is repeated again on H Polarity, so I get duplicate Channels which have to be deleted, is there a way around this?"

How are you controlling polarity for the CoRotor? I don't see an Analog or 4DTV listed in you signature. The Viewsat allow you to select a single polarity for scanning, or you can change polarity half way through the scan. Watch the screen when scanning, you will be able to tell when to change.

"Also when I Blind Scan, everything I scan in on V is repeated again on H Polarity, so I get duplicate Channels which have to be deleted, is there a way around this?"

How are you controlling polarity for the CoRotor? I don't see an Analog or 4DTV listed in you signature. The Viewsat allow you to select a single polarity for scanning, or you can change polarity half way through the scan. Watch the screen when scanning, you will be able to tell when to change.

Thanks a lot Lak7, great information, this is likely a major part of my problem. I am using a V Box III connected to my Viewsat Receiver to control the Actuator. The Viewsat Receiver has a Installer DiSEqC 1.2 - Motor Control which drives the Actuator to the Satellite Channel Selected.

Polarity Control:
The way I am now controlling the Polarity on the CoRotor is with the Remote Control on the older Uniden 9900 Receiver which is connected to the 3 - Red, Black, and White wires on the Corotor II. On the 9900 Receiver itself the manual says: V / H - "Press to change Polarity on a channel from Horizontal to Vertical or from Vertical to Horizontal". But for Skew Control I have to walk up to the 9900 and press one of 2 buttons! The Uniden 9900 Manual says: Skew Keys: " Fine Tunes the Polarizer for best Picture. When Skew center is reached the V or H LED will flash twice". So the V and H control can be done by pointing the remote control at the 9900, but as far as I can see the Skew can only be done by walking up to the 9900 itself - even though the manual says the Remote Control duplicates All the buttons / controls on the Receiver? There are also some VideoCipher II Descrambler Keys on the 9900 Remote Control, and the previous owner told me the module is there but not working.

Selecting a Single Polarity??
Not sure what you mean how the ViewSat allows me to Select a Single Polarity for Scanning, - it does it automatically from 0 to 100% on V, and 0 to 100% on H, the only way I can change anything right now while Scanning in a Satellite is to press the V and H control on the Uniden 9900 Remote Control and that seems to really screw things up as I miss Channels when I do this, and then have to rescan again? Sorry about my lack of knowledge on this. What am I missing here?

Thanks Iceberg, so then when you and others say there is a Mux Channel on a Satellite how do you know it's a Mux Channel? Are those the channels with audio and a scrambled or twisted picture?? I always thought these were HD Channels. (I don't have a HD TV yet).

I dont get what you mean. There are 8 channels in the transponder
1-6 are scrambled and depending on box will not show up on a scan. They are scrambled with Compel encryption which on most boxes wont show them at all

program 7 & 8 (360North) show up just fine on a scan. They are free and can scan in with FTA

Can you get NASA at 4060 V on same satellite??

IceBerg if you are talking about 137.0W I am not able to scan in any channels, Tp 4060 shows S = 70, but nothing for Quality (no NASA), but Tp 3760 (360 North), shows S = 71 and 77 % Quality but no channels come in? I can get NASA HQ 1 - 3 on 72.0W on C Band, but Not on 137.0W. Satellite 139.0W scans in 2 Radio Channels - AMC 8 / -2260 and 2261, but NO Video Channels came in.

From my experience with the Satworks 3618, 3688 and the Traxis 3500, if you manually enter the FR, SR and the PIDs the Anchorage channels will come in, but they will be scrambled.

Have you tried this?-The way to do this is to scan in some channels you don't want (the ETWNs on G17/G11/GB are good ones to use), Then go to AMC 7, find the edit function on your receiver (if you have one), then enter the FR, SR, the video PID and the audio PID. If you do this right, the five network channels will come in with a black screen and will tell you they are scrambled with what ever method your reciever uses. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN EDIT FEATURE ON YOUR RECIEVER, YOU CAN NOT DO THIS.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Diamond Jim, I'll try to see if I can do it.

Thanks for the info Diamond Jim, I'll try to see if I can do it.

Your welcome. If you have questions/problems, let me know.:up

Jim

UPDATE: JSATTV, I forgot to tell you, when you get the Anchorage channels scanned in, even though they are scrambled, store them into your reciever and keep them. The reason for this is when they go clear (and they will) all you have to do is go to them and they will pop right on. As I said, I check them everyday.

Last edited:
I dont get what you mean. There are 8 channels in the transponder
1-6 are scrambled and depending on box will not show up on a scan. They are scrambled with Compel encryption which on most boxes wont show them at all

program 7 & 8 (360North) show up just fine on a scan. They are free and can scan in with FTA

Can you get NASA at 4060 V on same satellite??

Finally Got some Video on 137.0W:
Thanks Iceberg, Diamond Jim, and Lak7. Well I finally was able to scan in some video channels on 137.0W. I got Program 7 which is a mainly religious channel with Video & Audio @ Tp 3760 25190 H 3/4, and 360 North which is AC3 so I have no audio on it. I had 6 additional channels - Program 1 to Program 6 I think they were from Anchorage, and included the Networks, (it was amazing watching the weather forecast from Alaska with the Alaska map on the screen) but these channels only lasted a couple of days and are gone this week!! Would that be considered a WILD Feed?? And is there any way to get them back by rescanning Tp 3760 again?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts