AMC going digital

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Has AMC shut the analog signal off? I have noticed it has been freezing the last few days.

According to the gal I talked to at NPS this past Saturday, AMC in analog will be available until sometime in December. She didn't know if it would be available as part of their digital pkg or not.

Got a Blue Screen with sound. (AMC has completed a technical upgrade.) To restore AMC, call your cable company now! -There is no fee for restoring AMC -

been like this all day with sound and the blue screen message.

Lyngsat shows that the analog AMC signal on Galaxy 15 Transponder 1 has been replaced by an mpeg2/dvb mux. Unfortunately it's encrypted with PowerVu. IFC and Women's Entertainment is also listed. So I guess we can expect the analog IFC and WE on Galaxy 11 to disappear in the near future also.

Heck I just wish I could win an ebay auction for a 922, would hate to pay $500 for it and this time.

Is there a lot ITC on 4dtv? (to make it worth the investment)

I know it's a :( for you big dish folks, but the death of analog is :) for us HD fans that are waiting for more cable channels to finally upgrade to HD.

Heck I just wish I could win an ebay auction for a 922, would hate to pay $500 for it and this time.

Its well worth the investment for a 4DTV 922 receiver. i got mine new From Nps for a lot less than 500 dollars. :)

GeorgeLV said:
I know it's a :( for you big dish folks, but the death of analog is :) for us HD fans that are waiting for more cable channels to finally upgrade to HD.

Not really, only to those that have not upgraded there system, I love my big dish HD :)

1inabillion said:
Its well worth the investment for a 4DTV 922 receiver. i got mine new From Nps for a lot less than 500 dollars. :)

Yes it is well worth it, having a big dish without 4dtv is like having a car without wheels.

Skyvision and NPS both have great deals on brand new dsr 922's.

jself1982 said:

There is very little ITC on the 4dtv. Most of the ITC channels require that the 4dtv be authorized before they can be received. If you buy a new 4dtv, you may need to subscribe to some programming to get the receiver authorized. Most used receivers will have been authorized by previous owners. The 4dtv is best if you are looking to subscribe to programming packages. Unlike FTA mpeg2/dvb, there are few if any wildfeeds on the 4dtv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)