Amc18 Nbc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pismire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Darrington, Wa.
As you may know NBC has moved/is moving to AMC18. On AMC4 I was bringing it in at 75%+ Q. On AMC18 it is less than 20% and not viewable on a cloudy day. I am positive I have my 10 footer tracking great I am getting good signals from all other satellites. I see on Lyngsat that AMC18 is listed as a beam. Does anyone know where it is beamed to? All data I have found says that it cover the entire NA and then some. Is anyone else getting low signals on this TP?

Forgot to mention I am in the NW @ 48W 121N. Thanks for the input so far. Who knows maybe I do need to tweak the ol' girl a bit still. But like I said most all other sats in my arc are working great.

Pismire,

I decided to switch mine over since I was checking for you and I discovered that LyngSat shows AMC 18 as having even number TPs as HORIZONTAL polarity and my Motorola 922 shows an odd number TPs as HORIZONTIAL polarity. If I set mine according to LyngSat on a even TP I get a very weak signal, switch to odd and it comes in perfect.. Make sure you are on HORIZONTAL polarity/skew.

As you may know NBC has moved/is moving to AMC18. On AMC4 I was bringing it in at 75%+ Q. On AMC18 it is less than 20% and not viewable on a cloudy day. I am positive I have my 10 footer tracking great I am getting good signals from all other satellites. I see on Lyngsat that AMC18 is listed as a beam. Does anyone know where it is beamed to? All data I have found says that it cover the entire NA and then some. Is anyone else getting low signals on this TP?

Very strong here at 50N ..119W on my 10Ft.

I should have looked at this before but it appears as if I am contending with the top of a fir tree. I increased the elevation just a tad and am getting it at 37Q. So about the best I can do. Tree is on the neighbors land so I'll have to live with it. One needs too remember that trees grow. Was fine 10 years ago when the BUD was planted. Thanks for the input guys.

might be time to plant a new pole .... then everything should just shift over without any adjustments. some of my trees have grown also. moved mine about 25 ft away .... just had to run new cable :)

10 footer here Sami Mesh (new) with a BSC-621 getting 76% quality with a pansat 9200HD (conservative meter reading comparted to my fortec ultra). I didn't realize those feeds were 7/8 fec. No wonder they look so good.

NBC moved all feeds to AMC 18 at 105 degrees on moday the 10th. Here at our Telemundo station we also get Telemundo east, west etc at the same feed. It's not as strong as the old bird. Central California.

Pismire,

I decided to switch mine over since I was checking for you and I discovered that LyngSat shows AMC 18 as having even number TPs as HORIZONTAL polarity and my Motorola 922 shows an odd number TPs as HORIZONTIAL polarity. If I set mine according to LyngSat on a even TP I get a very weak signal, switch to odd and it comes in perfect.. Make sure you are on HORIZONTAL polarity/skew.

There is something wrong with the 4dtv maps for AMC 18. There is an analog signal on Transponder 23 saying "Welcome to AMC 18 Transponder 23". But you have to tune to W5-2 to receive it.

I want to see NBC 4.2.0 on W15 @105 degrees West. I have a Neusat SP6000 on an 8 foot BUD with C/Ku Analog and a 905 Sidecar. I have been at this for a few years and this is the second time that I need help. The color bars come in analog but the text is smeared. The 4DTV signals are clear. The Neusat worked fine with the AMC 4 MUX but I cannot get anything other than one scrambled channel at the location on C band. Ku Band yeilds a few channels but none viewable. I live in Northern Lower Michigan. I have tried to place Lyngsat settings into the Neusat but no success. Can I get a NBC signal on a Neusat SP6000 at 105 degrees?

About any FTA receiver should bring it in as long as your dish is setup and aimed (or tracking)properly. I have a 10' sami mesh here and get 72-75% quality on that tp.

Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)