amc3 from haiti

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
hi guys , i was wondering on how to point to amc3. i really want to get pbs kids, but i dont know how to find out if i got the right satellite. im using a universal ku lnb on a 6 ft offset dish, also using a satwork receiver.
thanks

Do a blind scan and let us know what channels you get, then we can tell you what satellite you have found.

Give us your Lat. and Long. if you need the angles to the satellite!

PBS Kids isn't on there anymore. The one on AMC3 is DCII encryption and not even 4DTV's can get it

Only PBS we can get DVB is PBS E & W and Montana PBS

well it looks like i found ia6 at 93 degrees, all im getting is abc news live feed and abc news now. is there any more channels on this sat ?
thanks
jose

I believe ABC News Live and ABC News Now are only on Ia8 (89 Degrees), since they moved from Ia6 a short time ago. You might find "Iran TV," NITV, a test card, or a few random feeds but that's about it on Intelsat Americas 8.

If I were living in a Haiti with a dish, I would use it to block the sun instead of channel surfing. :D

Iran TV is ehhhhhh, ok. Lots of political bull to be honest with you. It seems like channels from IA5 are starting to copy over to IA8.

well i finally found IA5, there is allot of stuff on this sat. at first i was trying to find a pbs for the kids but i found the new channel that directtv has , babyfirsttv . at least my kids are happy now.

Iceberg said:
PBS Kids isn't on there anymore. The one on AMC3 is DCII encryption and not even 4DTV's can get it

Only PBS we can get DVB is PBS E & W and Montana PBS
Well, I just refined my setup and pbs kids is still there.

Wildeye said:
Well, I just refined my setup and pbs kids is still there.
Not trying to discount your find, but was the content actually PBS kids?

While the channel was still there, I believe it was mirroring PBSx last I checked.

It would be VERY cool if it was back! My kids loved it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)