amc4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CbandLover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
just need quick help. Trying to get amc4 for nbc with Primestar standard and fortec. What is a good hot TP to help locate it? Also, am I reading Lyngsat wrong when I see

11991/H 2.000 Msps for NBC?

Thanks a million. Trying to find something other than G10R. :)

You're reading it right but that one is a bugger to get.

I have yet to get it.

11822 H S/R 5.700 is 3ABN and that is usually nice and strong.

Thanks Shawn for quick reply. You ain't kiddin! That Tp you recommended is REALLY hot. I have never maxed out my quality meter. I tweaked for awhile for NBC, but you are not lying about that either. There is no hope on this Primestar I guess...

Thanks again for your help.

I get WVGN with my Fortec and a 40X30 Primestar dish, but you have to be dead on to get it. Literally, if I give it one nudge to many to the east or the west I lose all quality. I couldn't even get a whiff of it with my old 80CM Fortec dish. Your best bet is probably to get close using the transponder Shawn gave you and then use the nudge command to move the dish until you find it. Good Luck!

Wow, this is an elusive signal. My 76cm Winegard and Invacoom 0.3dB can't find it. My setup could probably do with a little tweaking, so I'll keep trying at it. Guess it's a good test signal to show your setup's really up to snuff, huh? ;)

its a very narrow band frequency....you might have to tweak the frequency 1 or 2 off the 11990.....I can get a whiff of it (15-20) but not a stable picture on my 30"/.4 combo

The .3 gives me a 35 signal :)

i was unable to pick NBC up off of my winegard 76cm / .5 lnb, but it booms in (~80% sq) on the 304cm dish with .7 lnb, AND with no rain fade issues :D

I was thinking of trying that transponder again with my 1.5M offset dish in Southern Cal. Are the people getting WVGN in the Central US (AMC4's main lobe)? East Coast?

I can get it on a 36" in MN

I think MikeI can get it in Cali with his Primestar dish...I remeber him saying that

Note this is the first one I received when I put a standard Ku LNBF on a 18" dish. It's HOT!!!!

Shawn95GT said:
You're reading it right but that one is a bugger to get.

I have yet to get it.

11822 H S/R 5.700 is 3ABN and that is usually nice and strong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts