Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
Hello,

I recieve a 95S/Q70-95 from AMC9 at 83w. I get 12 channels total. What I don't recieve is the myretro network. I have tried several times tp see if those channels get into my lineup. I have added tp's of 11728, 11775 and 11735. Was just wondering what I could be doing wrong. Anyone have diffrent TS's or ideas. I use CNX box and later I will try my Sonicview 360 Pro. Help!

Thanks everyone
Keystone7

I'm getting it at 11736 4440H
Sometimes it is hard to pick them up, they may be weak right now as this last round of rainshowers passes over eastern Tenn.

The 11775 TP is very strong....should almost max the meter
RTV is very weak and can take issues coming in.

I get it at 11735 H 4430 here in Minnesota

I am using a 90cm dish and a KU LNBF. Would this make a diffrence in getting RTN AMC9? RTN is not on C-Band is it. Anybody else get AMC9 with a 90cm? I am just trying to get it. Seems like everything but.

It's touchy with a 90cm. I can just get it right now with my 90cm, but it's all pixelated. Tomorrow I'll be putting my 1M back up for Ku, and that'll be more reliable. RTN on AMC9 is just about the touchiest signal we have. You might try going to Diseqc 1.2 mode for motor control and bumping your dish East and West , trying to improve the Quality.
:)

I'm getting RTV channels fine with my VisionSat (58-62) and 36in. dish at 11735H4440, but have my new azbox elite slaved to it and it can't scan them in with same info...strange

Using .90M primestar and Icon receiver, have 70/99 signal on it right now. No breaking up here. Seems like some locations, and some receiver/lnbf combinations really have a hard time with it though.

It's touchy with a 90cm. I can just get it right now with my 90cm, but it's all pixelated. Tomorrow I'll be putting my 1M back up for Ku, and that'll be more reliable. RTN on AMC9 is just about the touchiest signal we have. You might try going to Diseqc 1.2 mode for motor control and bumping your dish East and West , trying to improve the Quality.
:)

Thanks to all, I'll keep trying.

FWTW, my CS 4000 has been showing RTV's Q in the upper 70's to the mid 80s the last couple of weeks. I even watched the A-Team last tuesday with a heavy downpour. Are your sure that you're not on 85W?? (BTW: with the CS I've got rtv on 11735H SR 4444)

You should be able to get at least some kind of RTV signal with your 90cm. I am watching RTV now with no pixelation on a DTV AT-9 dish (24x29 inches). Their signal is pretty touchy though. Over the past few weeks, I almost always get a clear signal in the late afternoon, evening, and into the night. However, the signal almost always starts to pixelate to the point of being unwatchable sometime after midnight, lasting into about midday.

RTV on 83w

I finally got around to setting up for RTV on the 83°w yesterday by mounting a Ku band linear lnbf on my BUD parked on the 99°w cband.

I got RTV on 11735 4444 3/4 with a quality signal of 40% average, it's a clean steady video 90% of the time and this won't do, so I'll have to work on it or try what somebody told me lately.

Cheers :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Change LNB/F ?

Seems I have tried several times last night trying to even past 70S/0Q with no luck for AMC9. The stars were even out and wind calm. The next thing to do is check into a new Ku LNBF! That would be the least money at this time. What would be the best Ku LNBF anyone would suggest? I will get it on order as soon as everyone's ideas lean to the best! Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys for all the imput on trying diffrent Transponders.

So everyone knows what I am using, it's the same outfit as the free giveaway. ( Giveaway - Win a Brand New SG9120 Motor & WS9036 90cm Satellite Dish.

Seems I have tried several times last night trying to even past 70S/0Q with no luck for AMC9. The stars were even out and wind calm. The next thing to do is check into a new Ku LNBF! That would be the least money at this time. What would be the best Ku LNBF anyone would suggest? I will get it on order as soon as everyone's ideas lean to the best! Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may not need a new LNBF. On my setup It is necessary to use the step function in Diseqc 1.2 menu to peak the RTV signal. 11735H4444 is strongest a little east of the strongest TP. Do you know how to step your motor East and West?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Guys for all the imput on trying diffrent Transponders.

So everyone knows what I am using, it's the same outfit as the free giveaway. ( Giveaway - Win a Brand New SG9120 Motor & WS9036 90cm Satellite Dish.

I originally had a Orion LNB that came with my dish, I replaced that with a dual output JSC322 and my quality went from 25 to 40 to 50 to 75 or better. Either the Orion was defective to begin with or it was of poor design. Also the JSC has a 0.3 db noise figure.

NEW JSC322 Dual Output FTA Free to Air Ku LNB FREE S&H - eBay (item 120486267955 end time Nov-27-09 11:25:52 PST)

You may not need a new LNBF. On my setup It is necessary to use the step function in Diseqc 1.2 menu to peak the RTV signal. 11735H4444 is strongest a little east of the strongest TP. Do you know how to step your motor East and West?

Yes, I know how to do that. I will try that. Thanks you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts