American Chopper moving to TLC???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
How much of a bad move is this to move this show to TLC a channel that has so many shows dedicated to home decor and personal fashion and other non manly man stuff? Has this show jumped the shark and blown a tire so soon that it has to be put into a channel with metro sexual's and house frau's ( spelling ) and men who have softer hands then most women? What has happened to the world????!!!!!:(

I was pissed at first too. HD to non HD channel. But since I moved I went from E* to Cablevision, which doesn't have DiscoveryHD anyway, so now its a wash for me.

DiscoveryHD shows TLC shows as well. So, American Chopper will continue to be seen in HD. Those shows were always repeats anyway.

Yeah...It was nice for a while, they would show new SD versions on Monday, then on Friday you would get the HD version of the new show...now they take weeks to show the HD versions of the new shows after they are broadcast in SD.

As to the show itself, it will be interesting to see their new shop.

Hmmm, how well will this work.

"Tonight on TLC, at 8pm Doug and Linda struggle with the rythem method in a final ditch atempt at having a baby, see how non traditional methods of conception are making a comeback in this tech savy world.

At 9pm the guys have went to Miami's South Beach on an emergency call from a flustered friend to salvage whats left of a 40 somethings style, the queer eye guys go Miami Vice retro tonight on Queer eye for the straight guy.

Then at 10pm the season premier of American Chopper, watch as Paul senior and Junior go head to head in a custom chopper build off while Mikey and Vinny start in with Rick on a muscle bike custom for the US Marines."

TLC used to be a channel with good programming until it decided to go soft and spend alot of its programming time catering to a two or three specific crowds during the non infomercial time frame.

I agree Van, I used to love TLC, but not anymore.

I stopped watching American Chopper, the shows got ridiculous.

It's the same thing every week:sleeo someone yelling at someone and pushing it to get the bike done, just boring.

I stopped watching American Chopper, the shows got ridiculous.

It's the same thing every week:sleeo someone yelling at someone and pushing it to get the bike done, just boring.
Also, don't forget Paul, Jr., saying, "It's the most unique bike we've ever done...":)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)