AMI at 107c Titan TV Scheduling

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
AMI didn't come in on my original blindscan, and i pulled it in now as i was running through Lyngsat.
I am using TitanTV to customize my channel line up so i know what's on. A little hard to channel surf for content for Cband.

I get frustrated when I find a channel that appears to have entertainment, but cannot find a single location for a schedule lineup. TitanTV finds most, but for example, AMI comes up blank on Titan TV along with a scattering of other channels that are not available on Titan. That essentially means ill really never watch the channel because ill never know whats airing on it.

Is there something better than Titan? Is there another alternative? I suspect i know the answer, but hey - I like hearing from you people, even if its bad news...

Well I use a tablet I keep near the tv and Titan tv is just one of many bookmarks I use to plan tv watching. I pull from many sources such as individual providers websites as shown above as well as ftalistings.com. I think that is about as good as it gets. Im also curious to see what other sites there are like titantv.

Last edited:
zap2it.com tvguide.com titantv.com are the 3 I know of. Titantv is my default as it had been the most user friendly for me. ftalistings.com and individual providers websites fill the 'void' here.

Anyone find a schedule for Saudi 2 ? [scans as Saudi Sports @ 97W]

If you are running a satellite backend system, such as TVHeadEnd, MythTV, MediaPortal, etc. then the secret lies in a program called mc2xml. But I know of no web-based guide that will let you pick non-USA channels and combine them into your own listings, like TitanTV allows you to do with USA channels.

Since mc2xml outputs channel listings in xmltv format, maybe someone could write a standalone guide display program or app, that slurps up those listings and displays them in a grid.

If you are running a satellite backend system, such as TVHeadEnd, MythTV, MediaPortal, etc. then the secret lies in a program called mc2xml. But I know of no web-based guide that will let you pick non-USA channels and combine them into your own listings, like TitanTV allows you to do with USA channels.

Since mc2xml outputs channel listings in xmltv format, maybe someone could write a standalone guide display program or app, that slurps up those listings and displays them in a grid.

I took a look at that, but they are still missing the same channels titantv is missing. Some channels just arent available.

I took a look at that, but they are still missing the same channels titantv is missing. Some channels just arent available.
That's true, but not for the channel you asked about in your original post, if you use mc2xml. I sent you a PM.

You're probably right that TitanTV won't have it, they only seem to have listings for Canadian channels that can be received over the air across the border in the USA. So, no Canadian cable channels, as far as I know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.