AMIKO Amiko A3 ROM 2.0.67/2.0.68 "Europe Version" Testing Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Use this thread to discuss only if you are testing this European Firmware on your A3.

The below is copied with permission:

Before doing anything, make sure you have a current backup of your satellites/channels and Apps just in case you need to wipe the box and revert to NA ROM40S. Backup instructions: http://www.amiko-a3.us/guides/HOW%20AND%...R%20A3.pdf

The Europe/Spark2 stock software/ROM finally has most our our NA ROM features and is ok to run on NA A3’s starting with v 2.0.67. As long as you don’t delete the Amiko Software Downloader and Amiko Satellite Downloader you can install EU version .67 and up and still use these Apps. You can also revert to NA ROMs if needed.

Since most of our features are in the newer EU ROMs there isn’t much need for North America to issue our own ROM anymore. We will still be issuing utilities, patches, XBMC stuff, satellite lists and other specialized items so DO keep the Software Downloader & Satellite Downloader Apps on your A3.

Advantages to running EU ROM
- You can grab them from the default update app online and install in one step. Much easier and less confusing for those who don’t follow instructions.
- You can test or run any stable or beta ROM you want as long as 2.0.67 or higher.
- You can run/use our NA Amiko Apps on EU ROM .67 and up.
- You can revert back to NA ROM40S if you don’t like any EU version.

Disadvantages of EU ROM
-EU ROM is slower, less stable and is cluttered with bloatware. (See Eurotrash Utility below to clean most of this)
-EU ROMs won’t go through the NA vetting process before release like our ROMs do. They could have unforeseen issues.
-A few background items are still not in EU ROMs such as init.d support. We’ll have a patch for this for guys who might want it. The few remaining items exclusive to NA ROMs will probably find their way into the EU version eventually.

Eurotrash Utility
This is in BETA and is only available on the Amiko DEVROM App for now. It takes most of the Europe crap and bloatware and trashes it, leaving your A3 faster, cleaner and more stable. This will be available on the Amiko Software Downloader App once beta/dev testing is complete. See here for more information: http://www.fridgefta.info/forums/showthr...z3N7RYMYNs

Please report your results with Europe version 2.0.67/2.0.68 in this thread.

Include the following so people don’t have to ask:
- Which EU version you are running
- Did you run Eurotrash Utility?

Source: http://www.fridgefta.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=35740#ixzz3NGI9b7Pw

I installed 2.0.67 Monday evening and my satellite settings and apps were preserved. Fixed dish and USALS worked perfectly. When I selected SES1 at 101W I noticed the number displayed on the VBox was the satellite number, 23 in my case, instead of my custom DiSEqC 1.2 position number 37. Since it's easy to change the A3 DiSEqC position numbers, mine match the numbers used in my Aliens, with satellite numbers going from east to west instead of the default west to east scheme used in the A3. Since I have no C-band sat assigned to position 23 the motor did not move.

Checking the DiSEqC position numbers for a couple of other satellites showed that they had been reset to match the satellite position number in the sat list. Restoring the Channel Data from the backup I had made before the upgrade restored my custom position numbers and everything worked. I did run the EuroTrash Utility to get rid of the CONAX service and other stuff we don't need here.

I later upgraded to the 2.0.68 Dev ROM to see if my custom DiSEqC 1.2 positions were preserved for that upgrade. All customizations were preserved during the upgrade from .67 to .68 so it may have been a fluke my position numbers changed or it could have been user data that was erased during the change from the Americas to European ROMs. Other than that, I've experienced no problems.

Just make sure you have a backup so you can restore any customizations you may have made to the satellite list, just in case.

Reactions: dwingel and KE4EST
Hello,

I live in Saudi Araiba, and I purchased this Amiko A3 from the United States.

Where can I download Europe ROM for NA Amiko A3 units?
Or, at least, where can I download Arabic Satellites information like (Badr, NileSat, HotBird)?

Thank you and waiting for your kind reply

Majed

Hello Majed,

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.

North American resellers do not ship to Europe or the Middle East, so the unit must have shipped via a US based forwarding address. Please understand that this limits the assistance that a North American reseller can provide.

Responded to your email and provided suggestions on how you could proceed with updating your receiver. Make sure that you have made the back-up files before updating the receiver with any firmware. This way you can return to the original North American firmwarm if needed.

Welcome to the site Majed.

I'm sure Titanium has answered everything in an email. Your best bet is to back-up and reset and let it load a European ROM.

Same here. I have been running .68 for a few days without issue. I ran the Eurotrash Utility yesterday. So far still working Great!

Successful upgrade to ROM 2.0.68. Wasn't sure I wanted to make the switch, but it was a non-event.

Nice to have everyone on the same ROMs with the North American features integrated into the main distribution release! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)