AMIKO Amiko HD SE- Channel Information

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
How do you get additional channel information?

o Actual resolution of signal? Besides the HD light?? 720? 1080? etc?
o Actual audio and video decoding algorithm used. ie, MPG,AAC, etc

While viewing a channel press Info twice, then Red button. Displays a lot of info about channel but don't believe it shows encoding method.

While viewing a channel press Info twice, then Red button. Displays a lot of info about channel but don't believe it shows encoding method.

No, doesn't show encoding and doesn't show video format... So i take it there is no way? No hidden menus ?

That's the only thing I know of. I haven't used the Ali Editor in a while, but I don't think that will show it either. If anybody has found anything else, hope they post it.

Why in the world would they think people don't want to know the encoding format? Especially when one STB will support a certain format and another wont. For example, i just found out that ASL on 89w uses an audio format that MicroHD won't play, but the Amiko will. But, i have NO clue what that audio format is!

Agreed - hopefully an authorized dealer will come forward with some info about it?

Some STBs display transport stream information and others do not. Just depends on if a developer incorporates that feature into the GUI. The majority of users never look at the service information screen, so most developers put very little effort into this display.

The service information screen typically presents the Transport Stream table data associated with the tuned service not the specific post processing requirements. If the service provider defines the PIDs in the tables, then this information is easily displayed. When I developed the micro HD, whenever possible, I added additional service information line items for the hobbyists. Took extra effort, but I was developing for a niche user and incotporated what I would want to know about a service.

Often this service information data display is limited by the SDK, while other OS would not have these limitations. For example, an Android system is easily configured to display stream, deciding and processing information. If you are very interested in service information, then I would recommend a computer with PCI or USB tuner and running software like TSReader.

I am not in front of a system right now, but doesn't the ASL BYU channel have several APIDS? Might just need to select a different audio PID with the audio button? I have never heard of a "ASL Encoding". Could you tell me more about the ASL format?

I am not in front of a system right now, but doesn't the ASL BYU channel have several APIDS? Might just need to select a different audio PID with the audio button? I have never heard of a "ASL Encoding". Could you tell me more about the ASL format?

I think you mis-understood. ASL is a channel. BYU has two channels in that transponder. BYUtv and BYU ASL. The MicroHD has NO audio for BYU-ASL. I have clicked the audio button and selected ALL of the different audio's and nothing. I posted a message on another board and found out the following information about this channel :

The ASL channel is AAC audio...specifically HEAAC I believe. Many boxes cant do that codec. openbox s10 cant.

I was unable to do anything to get audio on the MicroHD for that channel. I swapped out with the AmikoHDSE and then i got audio.

No, I understood.... ;) I just never watch BYU.

Correct. HE-AAC is supported by the Amiko mini HD SE and not by the micro HD.

Some Ali 36xx STBs could have this optional AAC extension. Too generic to state that S9 STBs aren't capable. Just depends on the chipset and licensing purchased by the manufacturer.