Amplifier Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I have been reading the posts on amps but wanted to ask a different question. I have Dish with a 622 reciever. I get locals on it. I do have an antenna that was on the house hen I bought it 10 years ago. I do not know the manufactuer of the antennae but it looks alot like a CM Ultra deep fringe type. It has a Yagi end on it. I get very good reception from Sacramento, about 45 miles away, and the HD reception is very good on these channels. I can get reception on most stations from San Francisco, about 90 miles away. My channels from Sac come in at about 65-80% and I do get drop-outs with pix once in awhile. My zip code is 95255. The SF stations come in prettty good but most have the herringbone look but are watchable. I wanted to know if adding a pre-amp or regular amp would help with the reception from SF and not deteriorate the reception from Sac? There are some sporting events that are balck-out on my Dish but I can watch them on locals from SF. I had thought about buying a different antenna but this one works pretty good. Maybe there is a web site I could go to to learn more about amps and things. Thanks

Would like more information.

Is your off air system diplexed with the sat signal or does the off air system go direct to the hd tuner.

what is the distance from the antenna to the distribution point.

do you split the signal...how many times...what are the length of the runs if you do.

please post your antennaweb.org results using your address not zip code.

"Herringbone" is generally a description associated with that interference pattern in analog channel signals. The 622 does not have a analog tuner. Are you also watching analog channels tuned on your TV or with a different receiver? (I have never heard of herringbone associated with digital signals.)

Herringbone is generally caused by a strong nearby signal, particularly one from an FM station, interfering with a weaker signal you're trying to receive. You could try an attenuator and/or an FM trap to remove that type of interference...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)