amplifier

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rspainhower

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2005
What is a good amplifier to use pre splitter out of the receiver to boost the picture quality?

rspainhower said:
What is a good amplifier to use pre splitter out of the receiver to boost the picture quality?
What channel do you want to amplify? CH 3/4 is VHF any TV/CABLE amplifier should work. CH 14-69 is UHF the amplifier will have to state it is for VHF/UHF, a VHF/CABLE amplifier may not cover the frequency spread of the UHF channels. :)

I want to amplify the line coming out of my 510 receiver before it is split between 3 tv's to improve the picture quality. Would that be channel 3?

rspainhower said:
I want to amplify the line coming out of my 510 receiver before it is split between 3 tv's to improve the picture quality. Would that be channel 3?
Yes - or channel 4.

Either way, a basic VHF amp will do ya fine.

In fact, a lot of them have multiple outputs - so no splitter needed depending on your specific wiring setup.

I would suggest you limit the output on the amp, something around 10dbmv should be plenty. Pay a little extra for one with decent shielding to avoid any off air interference. Channel Master or Regal are both solid companies but not the only ones.

I have to agree with mudder, too many times homeowners grab to powerful of an amplifier which can cause problems down the line, start at 10 db and work from there. Lots of factors in play on this, first of all throw a 2 way in between the receiver and amp, take the first one to your TV location ( if not in utility room) and the second one to your amp, no sense pumping all the extra into the TV right there. 2nd is your home cabling 6 or 59, the length of the runs will also be a factor. Just start at this point and go from there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)