Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I want to recommend http://www.ubid.com/ It is a site for overstocks, refurbs etc. Some of the items go for far more than theya re worth (even when the site also sells them for elss than peoplebid) but in the last 26 months I have bought one desktop and 3 laptops plus a DVD recorder all for at least 50% off the prices I could find elsewhere.

I bought a laptop tonight for $570. The same laptop sold at auction for $649 the night before adn I have seen it online for $ 749 to $999.

As always all the action is in the last hour or so and this site extendss auctions until there are no bids for 10 ten consecutive minutes. Bid with your head and not over it.

Geronimo said:
I want to recommend http://www.ubid.com/ It is a site for overstocks, refurbs etc. Some of the items go for far more than theya re worth (even when the site also sells them for elss than peoplebid) but in the last 26 months I have bought one desktop and 3 laptops plus a DVD recorder all for at least 50% off the prices I could find elsewhere.

I bought a laptop tonight for $570. The same laptop sold at auction for $649 the night before adn I have seen it online for $ 749 to $999.

As always all the action is in the last hour or so and this site extendss auctions until there are no bids for 10 ten consecutive minutes. Bid with your head and not over it.

I second this recommendation, I've purchased a few things via ubid and got great deals..BUT need to be careful, watch the price go up rapidly in the last few minutes and don't get carried away.

Yes. And read those descriptions. I know a few people who did not know they were bidding on refurb items or assumed the computer hada DVD drive when it did not. In everyt case it was clearly disclosed in the lot description. But think---and read----before you bid.

I've bought a couple refurbs on ubid before, a printer and an HP laptop last Christmas. Good price, no quality problems.

Nothing wrong witha refurb but I think you should know it is one before you decide how much to bid.

Just be careful with their shipping price and refurbs that are warranted thru the manufacturer. A buddy of mine bought a LCD TV from Ubid and it took 4 months for the manufacturer to replace it, then with a different, less capable model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts