An early Christmas present

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
I received an email from my ISP today and got a nice early Christmas present. As of today my download speed has been bumped from 200 to 300 mbps and all data limits have been removed, all with no change in cost. In fact if I go to Autopay and paperless billing the bill goes down $5 a month. This is the 3rd time in the past 2 years that the speed has been bumped no strings. It took 15 years to get off dial-up and DSL at this location so man do I appreciate the speed! :)

I received an email from my ISP today and got a nice early Christmas present. As of today my download speed has been bumped from 200 to 300 mbps and all data limits have been removed, all with no change in cost. In fact if I go to Autopay and paperless billing the bill goes down $5 a month. This is the 3rd time in the past 2 years that the speed has been bumped no strings. It took 15 years to get off dial-up and DSL at this location so man do I appreciate the speed! :)
Awesome! But let me give you a little advice: IF you go on autopay, put it on a credit card, NOT a debit card.

A few weeks ago I got an email from Xfinity/Comcast that my speed will be increased. I was on vacation and couldn’t check but when I returned home and checked it is still about 90 mbps down and 6 mbps up. I guess I should call and check. Maybe the competition is getting to them. T-Mobile internet is $50 a month and I saw something on the Verizon website for $25 a month with a 10 year price guarantee but I didn’t check the speed since it not available in my area.

Reactions: TheKrell
A few weeks ago I got an email from Xfinity/Comcast that my speed will be increased. I was on vacation and couldn’t check but when I returned home and checked it is still about 90 mbps down and 6 mbps up. I guess I should call and check. Maybe the competition is getting to them. T-Mobile internet is $50 a month and I saw something on the Verizon website for $25 a month with a 10 year price guarantee but I didn’t check the speed since it not available in my area.
Do you run the signal through a splitter, before it gets to your router? If so, try it direct and see if the speed changes. I recently got my speed increased for Spectrum, and an older splitter blocked anything above 100Mbps from getting through. I replaced it with a new one, and problem solved.

Reactions: TheKrell
Unplug the power on your modem for a minute, plug it back in, let it reboot. See if your speed increases. That is a Comcast recommendation that has worked for me.

No splitter, although that’s good information to know. Direct from the pole to the Netgear C7100V. I did a reboot by logging in but maybe an unplug would work better. It’s my 100 mbps (well “up to” 100) plan and 90 works fine for me and my half hour streaming a day. I don’t want to upset my combined phone plan which is only $10 a month for unlimited calling and not available at that price anymore so I can live with the speed and $69 a month total bill even though I don’t like the 6 mbps upload speed.