An idea for Sub'd services

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
When E* has their free previews of their packages why don't they put it up on FTA unencrypted? I am sure news would spread quickly across forums like this and the majority of those that would watch it would be just getting the free TV for the weekend but I bet a decent percentage 5-10 % may actually see programming they have to watch and sub to one of the DBS services. I guess it is sorta what "The Tube" has done to get a following. I am sure there are copyright problems and MPAA problems but it would seem like a good idea to me. Kinda like the old MP3 situation, they needed to embrace the technology and use it to their advantage. If I wanted all these movies for free I could find plenty of places to get them with good quality for free - I don't care to bother myself with the "free" stuff and rather sub (which I do - AEP and more).

Just an Idea....What do you all think?

they probably don't want to go to the trouble of doing that....

Even though it is passed through to C-banders when free preview weekends come along via FTA, doesn't mean that DBS providers would do likewise. They're out to make a profit on everything. Even if it's free-to-air weekend for DBS subscribers doesn't mean that regular FTAers are included in that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)