Analog cband is still kicking?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I was suprised to today. I hit about 12 sats with my pos cband dish, my servo is stuck on H so that limits my channels. I found about 12 channels! I thought thier were about 4 left!
Also I get one sat, on a H transponder no matter how hard i fine tune my dish, i cant get it, just a really static picture, could it be ku coming thorugh?

there are no subscription ones left, but a few free ones left - pbs, shopping channels, religious channels and then occasional ones like some syndicator holdouts, some pro sports tv networks, and some news feeds.

Actually I found some analog channels on I think it's G5. TBS, TNT, CNN, HLN
They are scrambled but I can see them for a second on my analog receiver
before they say not authorized.
Skyvision told me they're not available so they must come along with digi subs.

Last edited:
Actually I found some sub channels on I think it's G5. TBS, TNT, CNN, HLN
They are scrambled but I can see them for a second on my analog receiver
before they say not authorized.
Skyvision told me they're not available so they must come along with digi subs.

Turner Channels, ESPN's and TWC are still in VC2 analog. Motorola has disabled the consumer authorizations of these. Analog ITC channels in small amounts Im sure will be around for awhile.

IF you have a VC2 you can do one of 2 things with it now. Keep it running since there is always a chance the few VC's will do fixed key here and there. OR Put it in the pile of old stuff...

TVROPRO Yes my analog receiver does have a vc2 module. About a month ago those same channels I mentioned above were authorized.
Does that mean they were using a fixed key like you mentioned?
I guess skyvision can deny their existence if they are unable to sub them.

If a channel goes to FA mode you will receive it. I will leave my VC in until nothing is encrypted in that format anymore, I may miss out on some freevue.

there is a satellite west of 121 that has alot of channels in analog, for some reason I cant get them to come in, are they ku leaking?
EDIT im going to hook up the ku side of my feedhorn and find out

there is a satellite west of 121 that has alot of channels in analog, for some reason I cant get them to come in, are they ku leaking?
EDIT im going to hook up the ku side of my feedhorn and find out

There is no way Ku can be leaking in C band. How could 11.7 to 12.2 ghz leak into 3.7 to 4.2 ghz? Not even with a harmonic. No way!

then why if i connect my line to the ku port, it comes in better? The lnb needs a ground and a feed, it already has a ground because its connected to the same feedhorn as my cband lnb, if the feedhorn is wet, cant the feed leak thorugh the ground?
my dish can get some hard to get channels, like i said these barely come in

ok heres what i found out
i hit galaxy 14 at 125 west
it barely comes in, but if i hit mode-->VCII
a menu comes up the VCII menu!!
but i have to peak my dish east and west to see the menu faintly, its like the menu is a channel, then it says battery low, so does that mean the battery in m VCII moudle is toast?
and if im not mistaken they no longer authorize VCII?
EDIT I found an archive of lyngsat from 2005 i cannot belive all the cband channels there are! I wish i was into this 6 years ago!

then why if i connect my line to the ku port, it comes in better? The lnb needs a ground and a feed, it already has a ground because its connected to the same feedhorn as my cband lnb, if the feedhorn is wet, cant the feed leak thorugh the ground?
my dish can get some hard to get channels, like i said these barely come in

I don't have a clue of what your trying to do. Technically it is impossible unless there is some problem in your LNBF.

Each band has it's own LNB section and feed point in your LNBF. The wavelength of ku is 3 times smaller than c band. What your saying just don't make sense technically, chassis ground is ground. I would suggest to get a book like the Sams Home Satellite Installation and Troubleshooting Manual and start reading. I think it would help you understand the concept of everything alot better.

what is FA mode and when does it happen?

FA is Fixed Key mode, F:MP. It means all VC2's will authorize. F:NS is a preview mode will work only if you have a sub which well you can't have any more. Just for the record MP means missing program or zero key, wide open to all VC2+'s.

here is what i get when i try to get vcII
my module says Channelmaster on it, and there is no phone port on it, it is built into my receiver, this sounds like something wierd
xdj42.jpg

TWC still uses VC2 for their analog affiliates with their analog Weatherstars. I'm lucky enough to have a commercial subscription with them.

here is what i get when i try to get vcII
my module says Channelmaster on it, and there is no phone port on it, it is built into my receiver, this sounds like something wierd
xdj42.jpg

This is a normal screen with a commercial feed or OC (old catagory keys)

Techfizzle - your PM message box is full - I have tried a couple of times today to send you private messages, but wasn't able to. I have some old-time C-Band info that you might find interesting - Info explaining the history of C-Band from the very early days before anything was scrambled. Free up some room in your mailbox ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts