analog channels turning off?

just the premium feeds they want everyone to get an io box by the end of feb if you have a premium channel however they are not going to cut the analog until july I believe in that area

Currently on some systems you can get HBO and a few other premium channels with an analog box. Soon on all systems you will need to switch to a digital box in order to continue to receive them, but you will get 11 HBO's for the same price and a digital box costs the same as an analog one. Everyone effected will get a letter. At the same time all Family Cable channels will come across in digital if you have a digital box. However they will simulcast them in analog too so you can still get the Family Cable channels on a TV without a box. That last part might not apply to NYC where I think they will be requiring a digital box on every TV to get anything.

austen0316 said:
Any true to the rumor that the analog channels are being turned off in march for central nj?
I only got a notice that they are shutting down Fittv in march. They removed a PPV channel on 2/1/06. So, the rumor is not true for central NJ. Eventually they will do digital simulcast with the existing analog channels.

uroberto said:
I only got a notice that they are shutting down Fittv in march. They removed a PPV channel on 2/1/06. So, the rumor is not true for central NJ. Eventually they will do digital simulcast with the existing analog channels.

its not a rumor by the end of the year all premium channels will be digital throughout the coverage area, and you will need a box to recieve them.

Oh, by the way. If you get a digital box without any IO package, you will be charged the required $4.95 IO navigation package. Even if the cable box price is the same, you'll be paying more.

uroberto said:
Most of the premiums here are on digital already. We still have about 5 analog premiums(HBO,cinemax,encore,etc).

They want to make the illegal boxes useless! I am surprised it has taken this long to move all premium channels above 100!

uroberto said:
Oh, by the way. If you get a digital box without any IO package, you will be charged the required $4.95 IO navigation package. Even if the cable box price is the same, you'll be paying more.

thats not true as long as you have a premium channel, your charged the 4.95 if you want a digital box to access the ondemand services, and the interactive tv channels without any premiums in your package.

hbk409 said:
thats not true as long as you have a premium channel, your charged the 4.95 if you want a digital box to access the ondemand services, and the interactive tv channels without any premiums in your package.
What I've seen is people without boxes with family cable, they get forced into getting a digital box and that's where this fee comes in. I know what your saying about the premiums, if you subscribe to one, then you would not charged extra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)