Analog FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CbandLover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
Okay. I got ahold of a Toshiba TRX-1820 Analog C/Ku receiver. I hooked it up to my Primestar dish that has only one output, and plugged the other end into Ku input. I get stuff, not much, because I assume it is stuck on one polarity. So I went to my local dealer who has lots of used stuff and found an old Primestar dual output lnb off an old 1 meter Primestar dish (he didn't have the dish anymore). So I took my single output off and swapped it with this one. I connected the outputs to the receiver, which has C/V and Ku/H, accordingly. I still seem to be getting just the vertical channels as I am on AMC9 and there is a test screen that says AMC09 19 d/l Vertical. But the receiver says channel 25. Does this make any sense? Am I hooking this up right with the C/V Ku/H? I changed it in the menu to V/H and not C/Ku on the inputs. I am at a loss here. Please help!!

do you have the analog receiver first in chain?
thought it came after DVB receiver?

I have the 1520 it only has one LNB input.

Nothing on H KU AMC-9 right now : (

Couple of basketball games on Vertical right now TP. 15 and 21

I use Galaxy 7 to scan the TP. as it is set up with 32 TP.
Maybe if you can switch to this satellite or another with 32 TP. the channels will pop up, the AMC-9 test screen is on TP. 19 here also so you are not far away.

Sorry, I should have stated that I do not have a dvb running right now.. just analog. Right now I am getting 2 basketball games.. crystal clear too. Only on V though. Nothing I have gotten was on H but like you said nothing on right now, so that might be good news for me. Thanks for checkin by the way, Pete. When I hook up the satfinder, should I be using the H or V side of the Lnb, or does it matter? And why would the Toshiba say 25 on the display when you find it on 19 and the test screen says 19? Is it my receiver that is messed up or does my location have something to do with it?

There is nothing on H right now! Try for SBS6 next for some more analog feeds when you get the chance, I will let you know whats there when you have the time.

Take your two outputs from your lnb and put it in a/b switch. Then take that output to the receiver. Switch between a and b will work fine. Saturday on AMC 9 should be a good testing day.

CbandLover said:
Okay. I got ahold of a Toshiba TRX-1820 Analog C/Ku receiver. I hooked it up to my Primestar dish that has only one output, and plugged the other end into Ku input. I get stuff, not much, because I assume it is stuck on one polarity. So I went to my local dealer who has lots of used stuff and found an old Primestar dual output lnb off an old 1 meter Primestar dish (he didn't have the dish anymore). So I took my single output off and swapped it with this one. I connected the outputs to the receiver, which has C/V and Ku/H, accordingly. I still seem to be getting just the vertical channels as I am on AMC9 and there is a test screen that says AMC09 19 d/l Vertical. But the receiver says channel 25. Does this make any sense? Am I hooking this up right with the C/V Ku/H? I changed it in the menu to V/H and not C/Ku on the inputs. I am at a loss here. Please help!!

The reason you get the wrong transponder number is because not all KU sats use the same frequency for a given transponder, AMC9 transponder 19 is 12.080 ghz. Some of these old analog receivers KU transponder maps are out of date but you can get close if you pick a sat that has similar KU band mapping, some receivers are more customizable then others as far as what you can do with the Transponder mapping. I have a Chaparral Monterey 95 that allows me to assign any frequency I want to any Transponder I want but I am not familiar with your receiver, also some receivers support 13/18v LNBF switching and some don't I know my G.I. 450i does. I know you used to be able to download manuals for Toshibas online a couple of years ago but I am not sure if you still can.
OK found the site here.
http://tacpservice.toshiba.com/ConsumerProductSupport/Manuals/satct.asp

yep
I have an old Toshiba 4200 and the channels are all wrong..they are on different ones. But I got use to it :)

But my Toshiba TRX1420 is real close on each one. And TP19 I dont have to fine tune.

C-Band lover-If it allows you to pick a satellite, use Galaxy 7. Thats what I use and most the TP's are close. You will have to fine tune some, as they may be off by 5 or 6 (12006 instead of 12000), but it works

I have Galaxy 7 and SBS6 as the only options. When I go to SBS6, I flip to that satellite. The rest stay on Galaxy 7

Thanks alot for the help fellas. I really appreciate it.. I will play around with it this Saturday when it is supposed to get warmer here. :) I need to adjust the skew somewhat anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts