Analog kept screwing up my Pansat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Finally solved a mystery :)

I have a Pansat 1500 and an analog slaved to it. I have had some issues where if I would sometimes get a quick "no signal" on the screen and then the picture is back. Never thought about it but this weekend I did.

Noticed it was only when I was on a vertical TP....Was all set to see a football game and I got the "no signal" right away, so I unhooked my analog.

Problem solved...no "no signal" for the rest of the day.

Then I did some testing...I put it on a H TP and it didn't do it. Soon as I used a V TP, it did it.

So the analog is trying to send a signal back through the Pansat as a H polarity, which in turn is goofing up the Pansat. Slapped a DC block and now there is no issue :)

So if you are slaving an analog through a box, you might want to get a DC block. I've had 2 receivers have issues with slaving a box until I put one of these on :)

Iceberg said:
I have a Pansat 1500 and an analog slaved to it.:)

Okay, forgive me if I sound ignorant here, because I am. I take this as you are slaving the analog receiver through the FTA receiver, right? Just the opposite of what I am doing, slaving the FTA through the analog receiver and this should not be an issue for me?

correct Jim

The Pansat controls everything....the analog just listens to the Pansat :)

4dtv and FTA

If you use any analog receiver to light up the LNBs and Polarotor, then you must have two DC Block HF splitters. Other wise the two receivers will try to send out votages to control the LNB's and Phase LNBF. One for C and One for KU

Simple use the DSEQC switch FTA, DC Blockers and your analog.

C-band LNB = HFDC - power passing = 4DTV or analog
L blocking_____ to DSEQC = FTA

repeat for for KU.

You'll have to scan vertical and horz seperate. with the 4dtv connected or analog. But it will do all transponders at one time in that polarity.

Wyle_Coyote said:
If you use any analog receiver to light up the LNBs and Polarotor, then you must have two DC Block HF splitters. Other wise the two receivers will try to send out votages to control the LNB's and Phase LNBF. One for C and One for KU
Simple use the DSEQC switch FTA, DC Blockers and your analog.
C-band LNB = HFDC - power passing = 4DTV or analog
L blocking_____ to DSEQC = FTA
repeat for for KU.
You'll have to scan vertical and horz seperate. with the 4dtv connected or analog. But it will do all transponders at one time in that polarity.

:) Thanks Wyle, that's how I have mine hooked up. For a few minutes there, I thought I missed something :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)