ANALOG Ku Questions ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
Not that I expect to find much, I did find a Test Card for Dish on 121 Ku Analog.

But I'm not to sure if I'm doing everything right.

Analog Receiver slaved to my Coolsat 5000.
I change Channels on Coolsat to get different polarity while my analog receiver scans.

So far 1 channel found.

I'm still trying to figure out the receiver, manual helps very little.

there's 24/7 color bars on AMC 2 Ku Tr 24 Horizontal 12180 MHz. They are there at this time at 10:12pm PT on Thursday night

G10 Ku Tr 24 12180 MHz Horizontal has the show for the schools on now.

Thanks MIKE and AL , last analog receiver was a birdview for C-band so this is new for me.

I'm trying to get aquainted with my receiver, I remember C-band had 24 channels and alternating polarity.

This receiver is confusing me a little , it scans up to 32 for both V and H on Ku.

So far I have 2 channels tonight , Echostar Test Card on 121, and News Feed on 85 W.
I'm going to try the channels MIke Suggested. Thanks Again

I had no luck with the Ku feeds, either they ended or I have something configured wrong.

Analog Receiver is slaved to FTA STB.
Ku Dish Only ,NO C-band so no need to program Satellite , I just use a Dummy Satellite for all scans.

I leave FTA channel on Vertical Polarity and Check Ku Analog
I do the same on Horizontal Polarity.

Channel Scan On : Goes 1 thru 32 for both V and H
Channel Scan Off : Goes 1-24 something wrong here( have not had luck in this configuration)

I need to play with this receiver some more, different configurations.
I'm beginning to think I would have fared just as well or better with a No Frills Analog receiver.

I don't see that at 6:18am PT time, but the color bars I'm referring too read Echostar Satellite Access Center on Tr 24.

There's a press conference of some kind on Tr 14 horizontal 11980 MHz

Have you tried slaving your fta receiver to your analog receiver? I am not sure if your fta receiver has the ability to switch polarity.

-fernando

Have you tried slaving your fta receiver to your analog receiver? I am not sure if your fta receiver has the ability to switch polarity.

-fernando

You're right my FTA receiver does not have the ability to change polarity at least thats not an option, but by changing channels on my FTA to those of H and V , I get same results or in seup screen if I toggle thru Frequecies with H and V that works also.

I can't slave my FTA to my Analog receiver, because and I may be wrong, My motor and LNB is powered by my FTA receiver , now if I had a C/Ku feedhorn on a big dish then yes I do believe that works.

Ok heres what I've figured out, correct me if I'm Wrong
Analog C-band consists of 24 channels (this I know) channels alternating Polarity.
Analog Ku consists of 32 channels and alternating polarity. ?

My Toshiba receiver is set to auto scan, I find it odd but it scans 1-32 both Polarities.
I also find odd that while changing channels , let's say channel 27, I may get same picture of lesser quality on 26 and 28.
Years ago with my C-band dish I had a practical Birdview receiver, no scan just channel up and down and polarity button.

I do get some static (snow) in my channels, I know common with analog but it may be interference from my FTA or other source in house, at least if I power the motor to move I get a pulsating interference on my Tv.

I will play with it some more, I'm used to audio knobs from the old days, I wish this receiver was simpler.

oh yeah and another thing, If given a transponder and frquecy for Ku analog, I'm not sure I know how to read that or how it translate into my settings, what I've been doing is if someone tells me the Satellite and Polarity, I find it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)