analog KuBand on 30w?

edugamer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
pa
hey guys!
As it turns out, Iv had my dish on 30w all along I discovered this a few weeks back. Had no idea until nothing was making sence aside from getting the religious channels which lead me to believe somewhat that I had the disk on 97w. It all started to make sence once I started cross-referencing the channels I was getting with the databases on lingsat etc. It turns out transponders are kinda like patch cables when you think about it lol. They may be color coded but are technologically dumb on there own and don't care what sat u programmed them to!

Well, Ive rambled on a little there now you can get an idea and an update of whats been going on with my sat adventures Iv not posted here in a while! So the question is, is it at all possible there are some hidden analog signals on this sat? Like if I go and get a analog Ku band receiver can I possibly find some secret channels on there?

Well, I've rambled on a little there now you can get an idea and an update of whats been going on with my sat adventures Iv not posted here in a while! So the question is, is it at all possible there are some hidden analog signals on this sat? Like if I go and get a analog Ku band receiver can I possibly find some secret channels on there?

There are 4 satellites about there: 29.5°W & 30.0°W. If you know which you're actually receiving, link to it from Atlantic - LyngSat. That should tell you all the signals available there.

as far as I know, the only Analog channels left are:

- CSPAN on 131W C-Band. I'm able to receive it with my 10-ft dish
- several Brazilian channels on 70W, not receivable in North America, as far as I know
- I heard of some occasional feeds on C-Band on North-American satellites, but have never seen any

I have not seen any analog content on 30W

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)