Analyst: Dish could gain in T-Mobile Sprint Merger

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
From this morning’s Kansas City Star: Sprint, T-Mobile end merger talks

The bullheadedness of Mayasohsi Son with regards to his refusal to cede ledership to John Legere will eventually be the downfall of Sprint. All Tmobile has to do now is steal Sprint’s customers. Stupid move on the part of Softbank.

There's another article in the local section of the Kansas City Star, which it won't allow me to post here, talking about how devastating the merger would have been for our area, since Tmobile would've likely shuttered the Sprint headquarters. "All those employees with $100,000+ per year salaries would lose their jobs and then home values would decrease, local businesses would be impacted," yadda yadda yadda. The thing they miss is, ok, maybe those people get to hold on to those jobs for a bit longer now. But make no mistake: Sprint is in big trouble. They needed this merger. Eventually those jobs will be going away anyhow, unless Sprint decides to make investments in its network, instead of just pitching itself as the "works for me" budget carrier. That is NOT a good strategy.

There's another article in the local section of the Kansas City Star, which it won't allow me to post here, talking about how devastating the merger would have been for our area, since Tmobile would've likely shuttered the Sprint headquarters. "All those employees with $100,000+ per year salaries would lose their jobs and then home values would decrease, local businesses would be impacted," yadda yadda yadda. The thing they miss is, ok, maybe those people get to hold on to those jobs for a bit longer now. But make no mistake: Sprint is in big trouble. They needed this merger. Eventually those jobs will be going away anyhow, unless Sprint decides to make investments in its network, instead of just pitching itself as the "works for me" budget carrier. That is NOT a good strategy.

This article? Sprint drops T-Mobile merger, easing employee worries but raising doubts about future

If they merge, and could boost jobs in more places in the country, wouldn’t it be wise, even if it affects those that thought they had nice security making $100k+. I don’t feel protecting one rich area and denying true economic growth elsewhere is a sufficient reason to throw up cause of concern. And KC has other enterprises that some can migrate into. My opinion.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
If they merge, and could boost jobs in more places in the country, wouldn’t it be wise, even if it affects those that thought they had nice security making $100k+. I don’t feel protecting one rich area and denying true economic growth elsewhere is a sufficient reason to throw up cause of concern. And KC has other enterprises that some can migrate into. My opinion.

I agree. As a resident of the KC region I care about the local economy, but I disagree with The Star on this one. These folks don’t really have job security. The end of the merger just delayed the inevitable. I know a handful of people who work at the Sprint HQ and they are wonderful people. People with families and members at my church. But I hope for their sake that they see the writing on the wall sooner than later. Some have already relocated elsewhere for other jobs. But 6 figure salaries aren’t easy to come by anymore, so I hope they start looking now.

i wonder if Sprint is now willing to sell themselves out to either Google or Apple so that way, one of the companies responsible for Android and iOS can sell their own phones without a third party.

i wonder if Sprint is now willing to sell themselves out to either Google or Apple so that way, one of the companies responsible for Android and iOS can sell their own phones without a third party.

I don’t think they will sell. They wouldn’t even merge unless Mayasohsi Son was in charge. Unless maybe he is reaping every last drop of profit he can, then sell out. I mean, obviously they don’t have any kind of strategy to move forward on their own

I don’t think they will sell. They wouldn’t even merge unless Mayasohsi Son was in charge. Unless maybe he is reaping every last drop of profit he can, then sell out. I mean, obviously they don’t have any kind of strategy to move forward on their own

Yeah, Son wants to control the merged company. Charter might sell. Not sure who else would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts