Anchorage Mux: Program7 ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
I am working on receiving AMC7. My system is horizontally polarized and receiving signal on TP 3880 [H]. So I do a FTA blind scan on the satellite and find one transponder 3880 H. Then when it looks for channels I get one: Program7 (It has the color bars and a beep noise)

My signal is 28-40% average 34%
I have tried TPs 3880 and 3882 and SR’s of 25195 and 25000, same results

Any advice?

they're scrambled :(

The color bars one is a hockey feed...used for Alaska-Anchorage & Alaska-Fairbanks games

And for how long? I just got an 7.5 ft dish setup this month for basicy these channels. Hope I see them soon!

So, you are saying that I won't be able to watch theses channels? Is their any other place i can find alaska channels?

i4tas said:
So, you are saying that I won't be able to watch theses channels? Is their any other place i can find alaska channels?

No, you will not be able to watch the Anchorage stations on AMC 7.

If you live on the west coast you might be able pick up the Alaskan stations on AMC 8.
Here are the listings for AMC 8:
http://www.lyngsat.com/amc8.html

They are spot beamed to Alaska, but can be picked up if you are in the right area.

Alaska MUX encryption

According to KTUU Chief Engineer, the Alaska MUX was encrypted by GCI, when they finally got their transmission problems solved. The Email I got said that they had planned to encrypt all along, but had problems due to transmission. I looked up GCI on the net and they are the communications company that handles cable, long distance telephone service and internet service in Alaska, so I guess they want to be assured that Alaska customers have to pay to get their service.

GCI is actually a reseller of phone service in Alaska. Alaska Communications (ACS) is the main phone company there. ACS sells Dish Network, GCI does cable.

Sucks that they are scrambled…..really wanted to get those : (

texasclaw said:
According to KTUU Chief Engineer, the Alaska MUX was encrypted by GCI, when they finally got their transmission problems solved. The Email I got said that they had planned to encrypt all along, but had problems due to transmission. I looked up GCI on the net and they are the communications company that handles cable, long distance telephone service and internet service in Alaska, so I guess they want to be assured that Alaska customers have to pay to get their service.

Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)