Ancient Dish500 Setup - 322 Receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lokicat

Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a question.

:) We have one of the first Dish500 setups and are looking at buying the 322 receiver. Will we need to update any of our other equipment?

We currently have 3 receivers (6000 & 2 1000) hooked up using a SW64 switch. The only thing we have ever done ourselves is hook up one of the 1000 receivers, the 6000 was installed by professionals.

Any help anyone can give will be appreciated.

Lokicat

You will need two lines run from the SW64 to the location where the 322 will go. Other than that it is compatible. I assume you will be replacing one of the existing receivers otherwise you will need to upgrade to have 5 outputs available.

Yes, one of the 1000s will go. We have been having some problems with the tv going black screen every once in a while - just for a few seconds and then coming back on, also getting a lost signal error message when none of the other receivers has lost the signal. Cutting out during the playoffs was the last straw, so we are looking to replace it.

Like boba said you will need to run two lines to the 322 also you will need a phone line hooked to the receiver at least for intial set-up.

You will probably need to replace all the coax though if its a really old system, the chances of the coax being rated above 1800mhz if its pre year 00 are slim, Im not sure if you will have any issues with a lower rated coax but if you do then you will need to replace it.

You do NOT need to have a phone line connected to install a 322 or a 625. I am running into more and more customers that do not even have an active hard line phone service. (Cell phones only) When you activate the reciever you can bypass the phone test. This procedure has changed recently on the activation hotline and with the newest software versions.

I did not mention that as I assumed that everyone knew that. I take it for granted as I am always trying to explain to customers that they are not being charged any more than if they had two separate boxes, they are just losing the $5 credit for having the phone line connected.

Van said:
You will probably need to replace all the coax though if its a really old system, the chances of the coax being rated above 1800mhz if its pre year 00 are slim, Im not sure if you will have any issues with a lower rated coax but if you do then you will need to replace it.
Van if he stays with Legacy LNBs there is no need to change cables everything is already compatible. If he upgrades to Dish Pro then he will need to upgrade cables due to the higher Dish Pro frequencies.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts