and again yet another 'moving' question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
don't use the address of somebody you know. they may want to sign up at some point in the future and then you'll have to "move" away from their location (assuming you know ahead of time that they want to sign up).

a completely fake address is the way to go. i always just add a bogus apartment number to a fast food establishment.

ahhh ok, i used my local informant to find a real apartment complex.. and list an apartment number 9 floors above the top of the building. :) Shhhhhhhh

One question from a newcomer. Is it possible to "move" from the Plattsburgh NY/Burlington VT local market to the Boston market and get the local channels ?

Well I was a mover......

Despite STRICT DIRECT INSTRUCTIONS E sent re[placement boxes twice to my fake address, which happened to be a customer of mine, a public school. I picked that address since it would NEVER be a regular sub.

your better off using a friend.

SNY is on a national transponder (as are all RSNs). so if you "moved" to NYC, you should get Fox Sports NY, MSG, and SNY.

edit: you would also get SD feeds of the big 4 networks (abc, nbc, cbs, fox) since they are also on national transponders. you would not get any of the other NYC locals because they are on a spotbeam that doesn't reach north carolina.

Thanks for the info...I called earlier and it worked like a charm! Nice finally having SNY!

Thanks for the info...I called earlier and it worked like a charm! Nice finally having SNY!

Cool, are NY HD locals on a Spot Beam or National? If Dish doesn't get MASN or the EI, then my baseball season is already over.

I'm in Richmond, VA and I actually am already paying for Dish service at my parents house in NYC also. Can I use their address just add a different floor and be all set?

One question from a newcomer. Is it possible to "move" from the Plattsburgh NY/Burlington VT local market to the Boston market and get the local channels ?

I would see if you can get transponder 26 on 110. Thats where 99% of the Boston channels are

in receiver go menu 6-1-1 and change the satellite to 110 and transponder to 26 and see what signal you get

nyc hd locals are available nationwide at 61.5 degrees.

i didn't get to see the orioles lose again on masn tonight, but the red sox are blowing out the royals on NESN. :)

they've been plugging tomorrow's Dice-K debut real hard. i think i'll DVR it.

Apparently national, because I'm getting them too, now...I already get HD locals OTA, but that was a nice surprise to add another set!

Thanks a lot. I'm going to move on Friday, i'm just holding out for some MASN or EI info.

I am already paying for a second account in NY. Can I still use that address but add it to another floor to the end of it?

Can anyone share the best way to come up with an address that works, but not one that is already used by an account. I tried to move this morning, but I chose an address that the CSR said was listed as an existing sub. I disconnected the call. Bad cell coverage ;) I just want to do this without having any issue. Thanks for the info.

Do a search for movie theaters in the new zipcode or city you want to "move" to. Then add an apartment number to it and run it through dishnetwork address broker. If it says you qualify , then call up the csr and say I " moved" to ------- and I want my locals from that area turned on. I already did the install myself and I have everything hooked up and running. By the way my billing will be __________and my phone number will stay the same as is.

Thankyou, you now have new locals .

Upgrade and "move?"

Long time lurker, first time poster.:)

I'm thinking about upgrading to the 622 and having the install done by Dish. I already get my HD locals OTA, so I'd really like to "move" to Chicago for my Cubbies on Fox Saturday baseball.

My questions: Chicago HD locals are CONUS, right?

How long do I need to wait after having the upgrade done to "move?"

Can I attach my OTA antenna to the 622 and end up getting my HD locals and Chicago HD locals both on the program guide?

Cheers!

Long time lurker, first time poster.:)

I'm thinking about upgrading to the 622 and having the install done by Dish. I already get my HD locals OTA, so I'd really like to "move" to Chicago for my Cubbies on Fox Saturday baseball.

My questions: Chicago HD locals are CONUS, right?

How long do I need to wait after having the upgrade done to "move?"

Can I attach my OTA antenna to the 622 and end up getting my HD locals and Chicago HD locals both on the program guide?

Cheers!

yes, chicago hd locals are conus from the satellite at 129 degrees.

you need to wait a couple of days for the installer's paperwork to be transferred to corporate headquarters. 7 days is probabl overkill but is a good amount of time to wait.

yes, you can get both OTA and chicago HD locals in your guide (and on your tv).

makes you wonder if the Chicago big 4 SD and HD are still on a conus beam for a reason.... I know I appreciate it.

Really?

If I'm in Columbus and I "move to Chicago," how does the receiver pull in the program info for the OTA Columbus stations? I figured it would just say no program info available.

yes, chicago hd locals are conus from the satellite at 129 degrees.

you need to wait a couple of days for the installer's paperwork to be transferred to corporate headquarters. 7 days is probabl overkill but is a good amount of time to wait.

yes, you can get both OTA and chicago HD locals in your guide (and on your tv).

Dish is under no obligation to keep ANY local on full conus. They can, and do, move channels to spot beams or even other satellites without notice. If you try to manipulate them to gain an advantage, you may end up screwing yourself if they make a change.
So do not be surprised if end up having to "move" back.

Toltal newbie here. How can you tell where it is safe to "move " to without screwing everything up? I currently get locals from Dayton, Oh. I tried to "move" to Chicago and I guess they are on a spotbeam now for SD locals as I lost all my SD networks. Is there a "golden" place to "move" that would let me keep SD broadcast networks and also gain HD broadcast networks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts