And the winner is...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
Doc
The 3x4 switches will allow you to integrate the OTA in but you still need one on each receiver to split it to satellite & OTA...and then to watch OTA just turn box off (or press sat/tv)

Cool part is it should work through Diseqc switches...havent tried it in a while
Now I have a lot to think about. I have the feeling by the time I am done setting all this up I will have a much better understanding of how all the different switches, diplexers, etc. work lol.

SATisfied,
I own a hydroponics supply business. Several years ago one of my friends said I should have a doctorate in applied hydroponics and then I should be called Doctor Hydro. The nickname stuck ;)

drhydro said:
Now I have a lot to think about. I have the feeling by the time I am done setting all this up I will have a much better understanding of how all the different switches, diplexers, etc. work lol.

thats what we're here for :)

hook it up
blow it up

try crazy combinations of stuff to see if it works

Congratulations, when you get a chance after playing with your new toy give us a review, blind scan accuracy and speed, I think I read somewhere that one of the mercury STB's only scans FTA, since some $ channels are in the clear sometimes I wonder if this will be a drawback. Have fun *********

cablewithaview said:
drhydro, congrats on your new toy.
So when can I come over and check it out? :)
Anytime you find yourself in Vermont, drop a line. ;-)

drhydro said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thanks Scott, I am psyched, your pm made my day :D If you folks could just see the smile on my face...............

As I have said for a long time, this site and all the people on it rock!!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the nice features that this receiver has is the Backup/Restore function.

Here is how it works: Let's say you have organized the channels and satellites the way you like it. At this point you backup your data to the receiver's memory and create a "restore" point (similar to windows XP restore point in a away).

Scenarios:

#1 Suppose you did a BLIND SCAN and didn't find any new channels that you like to keep. All you have to do is go back to the restore point.

#2 Say Fortec comes up with a new f/w update. With current receivers, you will lose all data and channels favorite lists etc after you do the upgrade. With the Mecury II, you don't have to lose anything. You create a backup point, do the f/w upgrade, then restore the data back to the receiver from the onboard storage memory.

I am looking forward to your report once you get a chance to use this receiver.

Sadoun
That is an awesome feature, and will come in handy. Lots of times I will scan DBS sats to see if there is anything ITC, and to be able to nuke all the scrambled channels by going to a restore point well be much easier than other methods of deleting excess channels.

I look forward to writing the review on this reciever, hopefully I can come close to doing as good a review as Iceberg does.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)