Status
Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
After a long time looking, I finally online ordered the missing black LNB center clamp for the 2nd Channel Master former DTN dish. (after 12 days, a reminder e-mail and a fax reminder of my order.....they had lost me and overcharged for shipping but oh well...)

Weather in MI was perfect for "late Autumn Dish fun" yesterday.

Added the 2nd former DTN dish shown in the far right of the picx to the mix via 22khz switch on diseqc 4 of the existing setup! I think I'm getting near the maxing-out of my current wiring design! Switch chosen to use had all its ports on one side (and was here already)....and seems to fit nicely on the back of the large LNB on the other dish! Will make the cable neater in the spring between the two and seal up things before winter hits hard.

Got it honed in easily for 97W (after dark--via large LED portable light)..... not sure where its final resting (aiming) place will be, but....nice to have the option to have a "fixed" dish for MicroHD updates. And, while I'm not a fan of international programming, sometimes the "news" as presented from abroad is interesting.

I know. Not huge news. Just felt good to do something productive to end an otherwise "not going so well" day! Proof that this hobby really
is a pastime for us "satellite guys."

Attachments

• PB190197.JPG
    PB190197.JPG
    779.3 KB · Views: 196
  • PB190198.JPG
    PB190198.JPG
    800.1 KB · Views: 192
  • PB190199.JPG
    PB190199.JPG
    918.3 KB · Views: 183
That's a 1m Andrew/ChannelMaster?
Love those molded fixed dishes!
And it's always nice to have a spare on the farm to retask as needed.

If ya get a chance to try it with the original feedhorn, let us know. :)

I'm only allowed to expand to the East (right side of picture.) Buddy who does snow plowing piles things in front of the left dishes, threatens to quit
doing me the favor each year in my parking lot if I add any more in that (West, left) direction. Can't bury cable to the RV, so they go through foam pipe insulation and the larger drain pipe. Keeps sun off of the cables, and some protection from "anything else"...

Also have to watch when putting poles-in for the AM ground system! So far we've not hit any of those wires!

Oh, and you know what made the alignment easier? An FM transmitter plugged into the FTA system. All it took was a radio
outside to pick up the signal tone once I knew the proper bird and settings were on my screen. Much less to carry than
a full setup for alignment! Highly recommend!!!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts