And we get nailed again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
Well, we are in the wind malestrom again....100mph winds here in Reno last night,,,,had my dish all the way east since I knew what was coming (eliminates the extended portion of the arm and it is sturdier that way). Unfortunately I overlooked the auto move to G1 for the guide setting and woke up to the dish taking the full brunt of the storm...GOOD OLE WINEGARD...no damage, just a lot of mini shaking with that old 18" no name Actuator....Those Winegards are sure tough!!!!:)

Regards
jeff

Last edited:
That's good news Jeff. I remember several years back, maybe 20 years. When F4 was straight up to me, I'm at 83w, and I believe it was at 85w. It only had 4 or 5 channels, Bravo - Playboy - TEC (The Entertaiment Channel) - and a couple of Religious channels. I can't imagine which I could have been watching, since everything was ITC (in the clear). That was way before 4dtv. Anyway, one morning I arose to watch tv, the night before had a helluva storm. I couldn't get a thing on my dish. When I finally went to look, the heavy 10' fiberglass dish had flipped over and the actuator was bent out of shape. Had to get another actuator, never could get that one to straighten out.

Al

Funny thing VoomVoom

voomvoom said:
That's good news Jeff. I remember several years back, maybe 20 years. When F4 was straight up to me, I'm at 83w, and I believe it was at 85w. It only had 4 or 5 channels, Bravo - Playboy - TEC (The Entertaiment Channel) - and a couple of Religious channels. I can't imagine which I could have been watching, since everything was ITC (in the clear). That was way before 4dtv. Anyway, one morning I arose to watch tv, the night before had a helluva storm. I couldn't get a thing on my dish. When I finally went to look, the heavy 10' fiberglass dish had flipped over and the actuator was bent out of shape. Had to get another actuator, never could get that one to straighten out.

Al

Same thing happened to me at the dishe's, first house (about 20+ yrs ago and the actuator was fully extended to the west.....lost the original actuator as well, but the dish made it easily with no damage. That is how I wound up with this no name 18" job. It has withstood the tests of time and wind! Amazing since it appears flimsey and the tube is very thin...still works though. I am going to replace it with a 24" Superjack that I got a good deal on. It has a much heavier tube.
Regards
jeff

voomvoom said:

Al

That's a real interesting combination of channels they had on that sat. I think I know which one I'd have been watching. :devil:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)