andrews, prodelin for c band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

english2fourth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
city of the angels cali
after fussing on the board with modifications of ku dish 1.2, etc. i wonder if maybe i should just pay the extra dollar and buy an andrews 1.2 or a prodelin. both say they get c well, and the size, while many have said will be too small for the c look like they pull them. does anyone have these and gets c well? can anyone talk about these antennae? thanks as always to the greats on the board!

Those are good commercial brands, but still, if you want the best reliable c-band reception you need at least 8.5' to avoid the adjacent satellite interference that comes with 2degree spacing.
Sure, you will prob get a lot of c-band on a smaller dish, I have a 5' that does pretty good on a lot of satellites, but I use the 10' for regular watching/scanning. If you live in a place where nobody can tell you what you put in the yard, find a good used dish someplace and go for it!

The commercial Prodelins are great and best of all, they can be free or next to nothing. Many car dealerships have them and don't use them anymore. Many threads here on those dishes.

after fussing on the board with modifications of ku dish 1.2, etc. i wonder if maybe i should just pay the extra dollar and buy an andrews 1.2 or a prodelin. both say they get c well, and the size, while many have said will be too small for the c look like they pull them.
It's unclear what your intentions are.
Are you thinking of buying a new Prodelin or Andrews 1.2m dish to do C-band?
If so, they will be quite expensive.
And I feel the payback on your investment will be low.
Of course, if you're looking for a used one, that's another matter. ;)

If you have some particular C-band channels in mind, you should list them, and guys with the 1.2m dishes can let you know if they receive 'em.
- PopcornNmore has a 1.2m ChannelMaster
- BloomDog has a 1.2m ChannelMaster
- DreamFox has a 1.2m Prodelin
- Qwerty1515 has a 1.2m dish
- Scott98 has a 1.2m dish
They all have 1.2m dishes on C-band (if memory serves).
I'm sure there are others, but these are the guys who come to mind.

But, if you are really serious about C-band, then consider getting a dish -larger- that 6' to use.

And if you are not really serious, but just playing around with a small offset dish for C, then get yourself an offset scalar.
It will help you wring the most from a too-small dish.

edit: Corrado's comment above about a Prodelin, is in reference to a 6-foot dish!
Not to be confused with a 1.2m (4 foot dish) - ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)