Android to Iphone

rileyb780

Sep 2, 2012
Austin TX
Hello,

I purchased the Dish Pointer Pro Ap on an Android phone. The Phone died. I was able to uninstall the ap on the Android phone. How do I install the ap on my Iphone now, with out having to pay for it again? Thank you for your help.

dangue

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 29, 2007
SF Bay Area
rileyb780 said:
Hello,

I purchased the Dish Pointer Pro Ap on an Android phone. The Phone died. I was able to uninstall the ap on the Android phone. How do I install the ap on my Iphone now, with out having to pay for it again? Thank you for your help.
Probably not what you'll want to hear, but:

I don't know of any app maker that combines iOS and android app costs into one price. They are different versions of the same program, but wholly separate apps. Paying for one does not allow you to avoid paying for the other one. You could try contacting the developer and pleading your case, but that's probably not going to work.

Long story short, you'll have to pay for the iOS version of the app. The only way to avoid paying again is to go with another android phone and installing the previously purchased app on it. Incidentally, this is why I'm staying with an iPhone for the foreseeable future, I refuse to buy all my apps again to switch to an android phone.

rileyb780

Sep 2, 2012
Austin TX
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg!!!!! Curse you cross platform restrictions. Oh well, here goes another 20 bucks. That's one way to stay in business these days. Thank you for the quick replies though.

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg!!!!! Curse you cross platform restrictions. Oh well, here goes another 20 bucks. That's one way to stay in business these days. Thank you for the quick replies though.
Yep... One way to try to lock you in.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

dangue

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 29, 2007
SF Bay Area
digiblur said:
Yep... One way to try to lock you in.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge
I don't think it has anything to do with that. I would imagine the app developers are indifferent to the user's OS. But developing for different platforms requires separate (if perhaps parallel) work for each OS. So if you want an app for both, you have to pay for both so that developing for each platform is profitable. Sort of like how buying a game for PC doesn't get you a copy of that game for Xbox or PS3.

What really bothers me is the developers who charge separately for iPhone/iPad apps. Sure there are some visual tweaks needed, but trying to get full price twice is just plain greedy in that instance. Does the same happen with android phones and tablets ( tablet "optimized" apps being a separate purchase)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)