Anik F1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Lyngsat shows the Fight Network ITC on Star Choice. I should be able to see this Sat, but I can't pull it in. What lnb settings do I need?

It is DCII so you need a 4DTV box. I think only StarChoice receivers can get them right now :)

I was going to ask the same question.I tried getting it a few weeks back but realized I probably could not.

I checked with my Digitrans DTE-7150 and the Fight Network is not ITC. I was able to tune in the Knowledge Network. It's also listed on Lyngsat as being ITC. You don't want to use a 920 or 922 4dtv on the Star Choice birds as it will mess up your 4dtv channel maps and cause a TDT overflow.

and what a mess ...it will make

photoman76 said:
I checked with my Digitrans DTE-7150 and the Fight Network is not ITC. I was able to tune in the Knowledge Network. It's also listed on Lyngsat as being ITC. You don't want to use a 920 or 922 4dtv on the Star Choice birds as it will mess up your 4dtv channel maps and cause a TDT overflow.

If you get onto a Starchoice bird...look forward to a 4dtv master reset!!!!:rolleyes:

jeff

The Fight Network is in the middle of a free preview for all subscribers. That means conditional access is already turned on;
you need a Star Choice receiver with an authorized subscription to their basic service or higher. It is definitely not in "Free Play" mode.

photoman76 said:
Another Digitrans 7150 owner! This is really the best receiver for clear DCII. A solid piece of broadcast quality gear too...

Digitrans 7150

I bought mine used. The main reason I got the Digitrans was to be able to checkout the DCII megapipe signals, which my 922 can't receive. It didn't come with an instruction manual. I've figured out DCII Manual Mode and can tune any DCII signal easily. That knob really gets a work out on my receiver. But I can't figure out how DCII VCT Mode works. The DVB tuner works pretty well, but it doesn't display video on some 4:2:2 feeds for some reason.

Thanks, I was able to find a PDF of the Operator Guide for a General Instruments DSR-4810. It appears to be the same unit also.

photoman76 said:
Thanks, I was able to find a PDF of the Operator Guide for a General Instruments DSR-4810. It appears to be the same unit also.
I think that's the PDF I have also. The only difference is that the 4810 can genlock to studio reference video.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)