Anik F3 @ 118.8W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Owner's manual says it does support h264 but also says it supports DVB-S2, which it definitely doesn't!:mad:

The vs max does support h.264 but for some reason manual pid entry doesn't work on with that format.The only way i haven't gotten the hidden dish network hd channels to come in on a vs max is to scan the whole sat and find similar pids on another tp and editing that tp to the one with the hidden channels.You will need to use a dishpro 118/119 or the fta combo 118/119 lnb on the max as the IF freq doesn't go that low with a circular lnb or linear lnb.

Is anyone using a Fortec Lifetime Ultra with a QPH-031 LNB and a three foot dish to get signal from Anik 13 118.7W with no problems?

Thank You.

I have a smaller dish... only 30", and I'm using a similar LNB... the SNH-031 by Invacom. My receiver is the Openbox S10 though. I get a reliable picture 24/7 with about 60% quality. My LNB is not circular, but I still pick up these channels.

I have a smaller dish... only 30", and I'm using a similar LNB... the SNH-031 by Invacom. My receiver is the Openbox S10 though. I get a reliable picture 24/7 with about 60% quality. My LNB is not circular, but I still pick up these channels.

Are you receiving true FTA channels, or all scrambled with this 30" dish and the SNH-031 Invacom LNB.

I have the feeling that the Fortec is not able to receive or lock into the 118.8W satellite FTA channel(s) with the QPH-031 LNB.

Just blind scanned, and got over 200 all scrambled or bad channels, using a modified circular LNB, with NOT a single FTA channel showing.

Are you receiving true FTA channels, or all scrambled with this 30" dish and the SNH-031 Invacom LNB.

I have the feeling that the Fortec is not able to receive or lock into the 118.8W satellite FTA channel(s) with the QPH-031 LNB.

Just blind scanned, and got over 200 all scrambled or bad channels, using a modified circular LNB, with NOT a single FTA channel showing.

No, the channels are not scrambled. I receive them free and clear. The only issue I had was that the receiver would not blind scan the channels in at all. I had to download a channel editor, manually enter the channels, and upload that data using a USB flash drive connected to the back of my receiver.

Perhaps you need to do a TP scan of the particular TP that these channels broadcast from. When I initially did that, it showed one scrambled channel. That told me that the TP was there and strong enough for me to receive. It's just that these Phoenix locals were "hidden". If you can pick up that one scrambled channel when you scan, then it's worth trying a channel editor. Does your receiver have a USB in the back that allows you to upload information?

I also should note that for some reason I receive a better signal when I program the receiver to point at 118.0 instead of 118.8. You may want to play around with that a bit if it helps.

No, the channels are not scrambled. I receive them free and clear. The only issue I had was that the receiver would not blind scan the channels in at all. I had to download a channel editor, manually enter the channels, and upload that data using a USB flash drive connected to the back of my receiver.

Perhaps you need to do a TP scan of the particular TP that these channels broadcast from. When I initially did that, it showed one scrambled channel. That told me that the TP was there and strong enough for me to receive. It's just that these Phoenix locals were "hidden". If you can pick up that one scrambled channel when you scan, then it's worth trying a channel editor. Does your receiver have a USB in the back that allows you to upload information?

I also should note that for some reason I receive a better signal when I program the receiver to point at 118.0 instead of 118.8. You may want to play around with that a bit if it helps.[/QUOTE

I should mention that when I blind scanned, received three promotion channels in the clear, but the one that I was looking for did not showed up.

Did a TP scan on the intended channel, and still did not come in.

My receiver (Fortec Lifetime Ultra) does not have a USB port to upload information, and I do not have a channel editor to work with.

Will try and point to 118.0W to see if this helps.

Thanks for all the help.

I also should note that for some reason I receive a better signal when I program the receiver to point at 118.0 instead of 118.8. You may want to play around with that a bit if it helps.[/QUOTE

I should mention that when I blind scanned, received three promotion channels in the clear, but the one that I was looking for did not showed up.

Did a TP scan on the intended channel, and still did not come in.

My receiver (Fortec Lifetime Ultra) does not have a USB port to upload information, and I do not have a channel editor to work with.

Will try and point to 118.0W to see if this helps.

Thanks for all the help.

It won't blind scan without the channel editor. That's the secret to getting these channels. They're hidden otherwise.

Ok thanks, is that channel editor a public domain program. Maybe I can get it to work on the Viewsat Ultra, this receiver has a USB port, who knows it might just work and make those channel visible.

Even with the right lnb you won't get the three hidden channels with your fortec ultra or viewsat ultra as the channels are using h.264 for video which these receivers don't support.

Got them fine on my S10 using the editor as explained here and getting signal of 90% with my 1.2m and QPH-031. With the Azbox is tricky but they do work too. Has anyone figured how to get the CBS one??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

If there's any more Phoenix locals on there, then how would we know if they're hidden? Is the local CBS on there somewhere? That would be nice to watch too.

...how would we know if they're hidden?...
Those with an S9 (maybe S10 too?) can check their row of encryption icons at the bottom of the info box. When receiving a signal, the encryption icon colour will change from yellow to green for an ITC signal that is normally scrambled even before you've edited the correct PID values to see the video and hear the audio.

Ironically, these 3 nets don't seem to follow this rule, but I've seen this several times on Echostar satellites. And this is my theory why I think these 3 nets are different than other temporary ITC channels. I'm betting these may be around longer than usual.

Last edited:
Trying to start a rumour? No CBS except feeds on Ku...yet.

How do you know for sure there's nothing else there? These channels are all hidden anyways. I noticed a pattern in the audio & video PIDs. The difference between the numbers is about 256. Something tells me there could be something else in there if we randomly use that fact to test other audio & video PIDs.

I don't know for sure. Generally, the Rule of Others Being More Knowledgeable than Me usually applies. Somebody else would have found and reported them after all this time if there were more.

I found out from Sathint's website that these were there. I noticed that all three channels were reported by three different people. So how could one person only notice one channel and not the others. I think it's possible that the other channels could be there.

Those with an S9 (maybe S10 too?) can check their row of encryption icons at the bottom of the info box. When receiving a signal, the encryption icon colour will change from yellow to green for an ITC signal that is normally scrambled even before you've edited the correct PID values to see the video and hear the audio.

Ironically, these 3 nets don't seem to follow this rule, but I've seen this several times on Echostar satellites. And this is my theory why I think these 3 nets are different than other temporary ITC channels. I'm betting these may be around longer than usual.

s10 if you play with the lnb l.o. the signal will say scrambled, even tho it isn't.The s10 gets fooled.
The signal quality still says ok if you try say l.o. 10000 instead of 9750 for a universal lnb.
btw signal quality for 12185h is bouncing around again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)