animal planet HD

sansha

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
I switched to this when I was upgrading to my external hard drive, just to see one of the new HD channels, and the feed was very strange. It had cut off the picture so that the animal planet logo was only half there before the picture was cut off. I tried all the various aspect ratios on my 1080p 42" lg HD tv, and all of them showed the picture "trimmed" so the animal planet logo was only half there (split vertically, not with the bottom part missing, but the side). What gives there?
pat

we were watching today as well, actually saw them adjust the picture size as we were watching, was weird, got wider then taller, then finally fit, i have no idea what that was about :) or maybe it was just this cold medicine ive been taking...

I also had the "small" bars on the sides, on AP HD and also NFL HD. The width of the bars varied over program and time and in the case of NFL HD, there were times when they were not there at all...

Unfortunately, with some shows, they are upconverting SD and blowing the picture up to fit. Al lot of cut off heads and noisy picture

I can't find any info about this, other than Dish offering it with their HD package. I don't have HD yet. Can somebody tell me if this is just plain ole SD Animal Planet? If so, will it display OK on TV2 of a Dish 622 receiver, or do they do weird things to the aspect ratios &etc that mess it up?

I can't find any info about this, other than Dish offering it with their HD package. I don't have HD yet. Can somebody tell me if this is just plain ole SD Animal Planet? If so, will it display OK on TV2 of a Dish 622 receiver, or do they do weird things to the aspect ratios &etc that mess it up?

Yes it is plain ole Animal Planet but it does look much better than the SD channel.

HD channels do come through on SD sets but you will have the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. I still use an 811 with a SD TV. It works fine and I get all the MPEG-2 HD channels this way. I mention that because TV 2 on dual tuner HD receivers are SD outputs.

The picture on TV2 may be SD, but, if it comes from one of the HD channels, it still displays the 16:9 picture. So it still looks pretty good. Our TV2 is a 32" in the bedroom and we connected it with a 50' composite cable and I've no complaints about the picture. We used the composite as we get all the locals in HD via OTA

The picture on TV2 may be SD, but, if it comes from one of the HD channels, it still displays the 16:9 picture. So it still looks pretty good. Our TV2 is a 32" in the bedroom and we connected it with a 50' composite cable and I've no complaints about the picture. We used the composite as we get all the locals in HD via OTA

You only get the 16x9 on TV2 if the 622 is in single-view mode. And yes, it does look very good considering it's running over composite or even coax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)