Animania

hoganlo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
Texas
I wish that Animania stacked their programing so parents knew when it was appropriate for their children. We let our daughter watch Henry's world, but then have to dive for the remote on the transitional 'short' that they put in there between programs. And, usually what comes on after is geared for older kids. I liked how noggin had appropriate programs for younger kids grouped and then changed to The N after 5 p.m. for older kids. Does anyone know if Animania plans to group or time slot shows for specific ages?

They really should and thats a very good point. If they are showing Henrys World they shouldn't show a short that isn't age appropriate. I would call on that.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
does anyone really like this channel? It doesn't even show good cartoons but a few
We like it! They could improve the lineup, but I really like the concept and my two year old likes watching the Pink Panther and Henry's World...so do I. The material should continue to improve over time.

We did voice our concern at Vooms site about a month ago. They said they would take note of it and pass the suggestion along. I just wanted to post here too to see if others felt the same way. Now that they have HGTV...all my wife really cares about is FoodNetwork and NOGGIN!!! I have to say I miss noggin too!! I think Voom might underestimate the subscribers that won't convert until their kids programming is on Voom. When you think about it, what other market audience is primarily utilizing the television during the typical workday hours other than children. Out of 120 available workweek hours, 1/3 of those are daytime hours that I would assume are being watched primarily by audiences of children, another 1/3 of those hours are used for sleep, and the other 1/3 are for adolescent & adults to get everything else done in life including watch TV. SO, who is the largest market dedicated to the most tV time...the stay at home children!!! I would think that most of the stay at home moms (and dads) are tuned into what best educates their children (I would hope anyway). The children do not have the purchasing power...but their parents certainly do. Not having Noggin was the one thing that made me almost not switch. I made the switch assuming that it would come eventually and I'm hopeful it still will. I'm not complaining...just hoping!!! I know Voom can't be everything to everyone...the market will decide that, but they must know how to capture their markets. Not every company does.

I think for these channel to work for me they need to add some cooler cartoons like G.I Joe (80's), Transformers (80's), Silver Hawks, He-Man (80's), Pinky & The Brain, Animanacs. I don't know if they can make these HD but it would be cool. This channel needs more mainstream stuff other then Dan Dare and Voltron.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts