Annoying Epix message

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
Is there any way to turn off the message that appears on the bottom of the screen when you tune in an Epix channel? It says I can watch over 3,000 Epix movies online at Dishonline. It's only there briefly, but still annoying.

Yea I hate seeing banners especially when I pay for a premium channel and they constantly have them on the screen.Starz is really bad about having their logos come on during a movie.I am not paying for Starz right now like everyone else so I guess I cant complain to much about that.Cinemax as far as I know does not have their logo come on the screen when a movie is playing.I guess what it is going to take, is subscribers calling or writing the networks and complaining to make it stop...

I could be mistaken but I think only HBO and Cinemax are theonly premium channels classy enough to not annoy viewers by imposing their logo's on the screen.

I'm not in front of the TV right now but I remember there is a setting where you can turn off "dish interactive" (or 'banners' or something like that...) That might get rid of the annoyance you're talking about.

I'm not in front of the TV right now but I remember there is a setting where you can turn off "dish interactive" (or 'banners' or something like that...) That might get rid of the annoyance you're talking about.

Unless there's a new setting for these banners then that doesn't do it. I had already turned that feature off on my 722k and unless it got turned back on it shouldn't be popping up. I'll have to check that later today.

With the new software update, I have the pop-up appearing on my screen too. Disabling the banner through the receiver setting refers to the EPG banner. I haven't found a way yet to disable this feature. If I discover a way or hear of an option enabling you to disable it, I will let you know.

I could be mistaken but I think only HBO and Cinemax are the only premium channels classy enough to not annoy viewers by imposing their logo's on the screen.

But those two and Starz are the ones not classy enough to show some, or all, of their films in the proper aspect ratio. I'd rather have the occasional annoyance if I could choose.

But those two and Starz are the ones not classy enough to show some, or all, of their films in the proper aspect ratio. I'd rather have the occasional annoyance if I could choose.

I never noticed this from HBO or Cinemax. Is there a movie they're currently showing that they're doing this to? We'll all be happy when the cinema wide (21x9) TV's get cheap enough to be popular.

I don't mind a quick bug now and then, but the EPIX banner is a foot wide on my 46". I have to say that being ANNOYED by a product isn't good advertising.

I checked and enhancements has been turned back on with the new s/w but even turning them off didn't make any difference. It is being triggered by E* to advertise Dish On Line. Not happy about it either.

I wish Dish would just dump PPV, VOD, the whole nine yards, and give us more standard channels and better quality on them!

Don't look now, but it's spreading. Just tonight it started happening on HBO. Any bets on how long before these are on every channel advertizing anything and everything? I'm paying far too much to put up with interstitial ads! :rant:

If these are generated by the receiver, they shouldn't get recorded, right? (I haven't encountered any yet myself, not too much time to watch TV right now.)

It shouldn't be happening at all!!! I'm paying extra for these channels, and they're putting up screen spam on them to advertise their extra service. It wouldn't be so bad, if there was a way to turn it off permanently, but nope, no option for it.

Dish...kindly turn off the screen spam!

What we're talking about has nothing to do with Dish, does it? It's just the stupid stuff that all channels put at the bottom of the screen, like TNT, BBCA, ESPN, Bravo, etc etc. along with the premiums.

What we're talking about has nothing to do with Dish, does it? It's just the stupid stuff that all channels put at the bottom of the screen, like TNT, BBCA, ESPN, Bravo, etc etc. along with the premiums.

Yes, it seems that the latest software update for the VIP series added this annoyance. My 722K has the new version with this extra banner, but it hasn't appeared on my 722 yet. I'm sure it will when the 722 also gets the update. Like others have said, there needs to be a way to turn it off. :rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)