Annoying guide problem on 622

jmcn72

Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
Is there a fix to the guide display when a program starts at say 10:25am but there's a different show on at 10:00am and you want to record the 10am show? Right now the display only shows the 10:25 show. The only way I've found to setup a recording for the 10am one is to actually tune in sometime between 10am and 10:24 and hit record. If you try to do the recording at any other time it won't let you record that show. What's weird too is that you can do a search and it will list the show starting at 10am but when you hit record it only records the show that is displayed in the guide starting at 10:25am. My kid likes shows on Disney and they have some short 5 min. shows that start at 10:25am -- the guide oddly lists those rather than displaying the one that runs longer.

Any ideas? I couldn't find anything in the guide setup to change this....

My kid likes shows on Disney and they have some short 5 min. shows that start at 10:25am -- the guide oddly lists those rather than displaying the one that runs longer.

Your kid's a Daniel Cook fan, eh? :D

I have no solution to this problem, I just wanted to say that I knew exactly what you were talking about even before you mentioned "Disney Channel".

The basic guide probably hasn't been modified by Dish in a long time and shows like this are still the exception (98% of shows start on the half-hour). I imagine Dish will have to deal with it someday but there's no non-manual method today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)