Another Antenna Suggestion Question

Wesro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
I need a good long range antenna for mostly UHF, although, my ABC is broadcasting on channel 11 in the VHF range. My zipcode is 36027 and my local DMA is Columbus, GA. I am having trouble because the FOX and NBC in my area's signals are pitiful at best. I have tried many antennas about 25 feet off the ground. Nothing really seems to work that well. The best I can come up with is two antennas that may help me.

1. Channel Master 4228HD
2. Antennas Direct ClearStream 4

Would like to know what everyone's suggestions are.

Thanks

I need a good long range antenna for mostly UHF, although, my ABC is broadcasting on channel 11 in the VHF range.
1. Channel Master 4228HD

If all you want are the local stations the Angtennacraft HBU-22 or Winegard HD7694P are designed to work on VHF. Neither of your options are cut for VHF and have narrow patterns that may not cover the range of angles that you need.

To verify, take a look at tvfool.com and post the results.

I need a good long range antenna for mostly UHF, although, my ABC is broadcasting on channel 11 in the VHF range. My zipcode is 36027 and my local DMA is Columbus, GA. I am having trouble because the FOX and NBC in my area's signals are pitiful at best. I have tried many antennas about 25 feet off the ground. Nothing really seems to work that well. The best I can come up with is two antennas that may help me.

1. Channel Master 4228HD

Thanks
By plugging in your zip code to TVFool, I am guessing that you are less than 40 miles from the towers of the channels that you want to receive. The CM 4228HD has very good reception in that range. It also handles the upper VHF signals very well. I am using the previous version (CM 4228) with very good results. I receive VHF 8, 11 & 13 from my area without a problem. With a rotor and pre-amp, you could possibly pick up several more stations.

By plugging in your zip code to TVFool, I am guessing that you are less than 40 miles from the towers of the channels that you want to receive. The CM 4228HD has very good reception in that range.

Bad advice.

The angles between the UHF stations in Voyager6's zip code is wider than the beamwidth of the 4228 or 4228HD.

He needs a four bay UHF plus a high band VHF, or the smallest 7-69 antenna.

Bad advice.

The angles between the UHF stations in Voyager6's zip code is wider than the beamwidth of the 4228 or 4228HD.

He needs a four bay UHF plus a high band VHF, or the smallest 7-69 antenna.
Second the "bad advice"
Also the 4228HD has rubbish VHF-Hi reception compared to the 4228.

HDprimer temporary page partially blames this on the rubbish 300-to-75 transformer that is included.

check out www.tvantennaplans.com for plans to make a DB4 antenna. I have already made many of these and I can view all channels in my area (14 digital and 5 analog) and
it sits on a shelf. To bring station 70 miles out, make the DB8 by combining 2 DB4 with a splitter. You can still buy these antennas but why spend the bucks if you can make it in an hour with simple hand tools. this website also has 2 links to youtube videos to show you step by step. mount it on your tower and you see it out perform 90% of store-bought antennas. I am seeing (clearly) channels 4, 6.1, 6.2, 12.1, 12.2, 29.1, 29.2, 34.1-.2-.3-.4-.5, 64.1-.2, & analog chanels: 4, 6, 9, 66, 69 and my antenna is on a shelf. I expect much better once I place it on my mast on the roof. Feel free to google the DB4 and DB8. I hope this is helpful to you.
punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)