Another Birdview Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rainmaker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
Louisa KY
does anyone know the focal length of a 8.5' solid Birdview dish. I did the cacalations of diameter and depth formula but it don't seem right the distance i come up with is 42 to 43 in. but when I measure from the scalar ring down to the center of the dish its only 39.25 in. what gives am i cacalating right or is the support legs to short they are the ones that came with the dish. i am measuring my depth from inside the dish do i need to measure depth on the outside of the dish. any response is very much appreicated.:confused:

Hi Rainmaker!

I did the hand measurements on my perforated Birdview too, and I came up with 41.3" for the focal length.

The measurement should be taken from 1/4" inside the mouth of the actual wave guide tube. My F/D ratio was at .42 which only has a Co-Rotor sticking out about 1/4 - 1/2".

When you are finished putting your wave guide in and have it set to the proper F/D ratio, it will be at the proper focal length. There isn't any adjustment on the support arms. They are set correctly for the dish.

Good luck!! They are fantastic dishes!!!

Fred

thanks for the reply it just had me confused when it came out to 42" and the scalar was only 39" from the face of the dish there is no way to set it at 42" unless it was mounted behind the scalar ring.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)