Another broken receiver!!!!!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

costanza

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
This is the 3rd time I've posted this message. The other's aren't showing up :confused:

I've been w/ Dish for about 1 year. We have DHA w/ four 301 receivers w/ no commitment. One of the receivers died a month or so ago. We paid $15 for a replacement. Now another one is dyng! You think if I threaten to cancel, they'll stop charging me $15 a pop for replacing these crappy refurbished receivers? I'm sure the last two of the original four will be failing soon if the first two are any indicator :mad:

give them a call and tell them that cable does not charge you for replacements. tell them you are tired of their equipment not working and see what they say.

welcome to the site.

I had to replace 2 301's in a years time. We got a 510 when we could upgrade and didn't really have any problems with it. Something you may want to think about.

If you sign up for DHPP it will cost you $5.99 for a month of coverage. After the receiver is replaced cancel the DHPP it will only cost you $5.99 instead of $14.95.

Just complain that you're not happy with the replacement unit failing so quick. If you escalate the issue, a supervisor can authorize next-day or 2 to 3-day shipping with shipping charges being waived. But you have to make the call and ask for it. Some customers need their receivers in a day or so while others don't mind waiting a week for it. So make your needs clear!

I have had them rush ship receivers without any shipping charges to me before. I know when I get my 510 replacement I am not activating it, I am going to sell it. I was already planning on selling it anyways putting it up for sale in the classified then it fails not much longer after that. I should be able to get more out of the replacement seeing how it will be sealed in the plastic and box never used before. I have kept the remote in plastic like I do with all my remotes so that the buttons do not wear off. That seems to work. They still look nearly new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)